• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Installing Age of Pirates on Windows 7

L Abattage

Landlubber
Has anyone installed Age of Pirates - Caribbean Tales on a computer running windows 7. I can't seem to get it to work. I keep getting error messages about not being the admin. Its my home computer and I have full administrator rights. Any thoughts?

Regards,

L'Abattage

Ahoy L'Abattage, welcome aboard mate! I haven't tried Age of Pirates, but AOP2 runs just fine on Windows 7 as long as you don't install it to the default Program Files directory! Microsoft, in their "infinite wisdom", decided to treat every program installed to the Program Files directory as protected operating system files. Even with full administrative privileges this will cause you problems. :rolleyes:

Try installing to a different directory on your hard drive mate, something like C:\Games\ or something, that should allow it to run fine.

When i installed AOP2 on windows 7, Do i need the other applications that come with the setup?

Also, I'm running as administrator on my computer every time i start up the game, It says i need to reboot my computer. So i do. then try and start the game again,
The same thing happens.

"Application installed successfully. Reboot the computer to complete the installation."

Any idea's on whats going on?

~Rageofmist

Back