• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Installing Beta 3.4. Possible to replace SAVE-folder?

Harriet Ström

Powder Monkey
Hello! I'm about to install beta 3.4 and my question is do I have to start a new game or is it possible to replace the new SAVE folder with the "old" SAVE folder from the original game?

Alternatively, is it possible to keep the original game AND the original game + beta 3.4?

I don't want to lose my save files and start all over again...

Regards
Harriet

You can indeed have multiple installations of the game side by side.

However, a new game is required for sure. There is just too much changed.
You might want to wait a little bit longer though until our Beta 4 version is playable again (see link in my signature).
That one requires a new game too, so if you do start anew, you might as well do it with the best version we've got.

If you haven't played the mod yet, I can assure you a new game is worth it.
If you don't feel like playing the same story again, there are now several other ones plus vastly improved Free Play too.

:ahoy

The original game is not compatible with beta 3.4 so those saves will not work.

As long as you have the space on your hard drive you can have as many versions of POTC as you like. I have 4 POTC install from stock to the latest.

Probably the best thing for you to do is copy your original game to a location outside of program files and then install beta 3.4 into the copy.

Okay! Thank you for fast replies! So when is beta 4 playable? Do you know I long I will have to wait? I downloaded beta 4 now, but is it ready to install?

If you check my latest post in the Beta 4 thread, you can find the status.
We've still got some performance issues to sort out.
Hopefully I'll be able to spare the time tomorrow to finish what I started on that.
I'm hoping for a more playable version by Thursday.

Back