• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved installing beta 3.5 and 4

Harriet Ström

Powder Monkey
Hello!

I'm trying to install beta 3 and when I'm running the installer it says that I have to place the installation files OUTSIDE the game folder. What does it mean exactly?

Because I have tried to place the installation files in C://Program files (x86)/Bethesda softworks/Pirates of the Caribbean (which I assume is the game folder) and then the installer says place the installation files OUTSIDE the game folder so I then put them in C://Program files (x86)/Bethesda softworks and the same thing happens so I created a new folder in Program files (x86) same thing happens... Then I tried a new folder in D:// and then it says that it can't find the original game and that I have to install Pirates of the Caribbean 2003 by Akella first.

How can I fix this?

Regards
Harriet

If you have the game in Program Files, get it out of there as soon as possible!
While that is indeed the stock game default location, Windows Security Stupidity (WSS) always messes things up.
It is much safer to have the game in, say, C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean instead.

The Beta 3 installer gives you that error if you have the Installer EXE in that folder, so move it outside.

That being said, the Beta 4 WIP installer does not have that limitation and should be more reliable. See the link in my signature.
There will be another update to that one tomorrow, which should be a LOT more playable than any other release from the past few years.
We're still tweaking and improving on it and will continue to do so for a while longer prior to its public release, but you can get the internal version already. ;)

I tried to move and run the exe file outside the game folder C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean. But either it doesn't find the main files or the original game. Then I tried to install beta 3.5 which works a lot better because it starts running but it doesn't find the main files even though they are in the same folder. It starts extracting files instead. When I tried to run the game with ENGINE it actually starts but after i while there's a runtime error. I don't remember what it said but I think it was the same runtime error as for beta 4 (but the runtime error for beta 4 pops up immediately) And the beta 4 intaller did the exact same thing, says that main files missing, extracting files which I assume is for a update? And then when I tried to run the game I got a runtime error. Oh.. and a few times I couldn't run the beta 4 installer because it says that downloaded files are missing or something like that. But the funny thing is that I worked once or twice with the same results as for beta 3.5.

So my questions is why can't the installers find the main files? Shall I extract these, and if that is the case where shall i put them? Shall I copy and replace the original game files? No? And how can I fix these errors?

20151009_125240.jpg
20151009_125454.jpg

The error on that first screenshot (NSIS Error, Installer integrity check has failed) means that the Installer EXE itself is corrupt.
Try redownloading it.

Back