• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Interesting thing on POTBS Ships

Captain_Python

Rogue Scholar
I just emailed the people at Pirates of the Burning Sea. This is what I emailed:
I am very interested in your ship information. Pirates of the Burning Seas Ship Guide is already filled up with so many good ships, but what other ships are there going to be? When should they come out? I am suprised that the following ships haven't come out yet:
-Frigate
-Corvette
-Barque (Bark)
-Brig
-Caravel
-Pink
-Pinnance
-Snow
-Man of War

I hope that some of that ship information comes out soon.
We release the ships generally every two weeks, but we don’t tell people what’s coming because we want it to be a surprise. However, we have mentioned on the forums that there will definitely be frigates and barques in the mix. And we actually added a corvette just recently. We will have 21 or 22 ships for the first release.
-Russell Williams
Flying Lab Software, LLC

I can't wait for the Frigate, and what they mean with the corvette? I guess I am going to need to become a member at their forum. Pretty good investegating, am I right?

Hey Python,

When we go to next year's E3 I better have a novella from you full of questions to ask ok? :)

Good job on the research mate. I didn't think to ask anything like that. I was in la la land watching the cannons firing on that game. They are doing an incredible job over there at Flying Labs.

I don't care for online gaming, too expensive for one, but I have to say, POTBS looked DARNED GOOD at E3... I was pretty impressed. They have A LOT of great things coming for everyone... It's going to be an awesome environment. :yes :cheers

It's due Q4 this year, last I read. It already slipped from the beginning of this year to the end, so hopefully it'll stick to the new schedule.

They weren't making any promises - but I think that's right, Q4... They are really trying to make the thing look great - and honestly, I was truly impressed. I am really not into MMORPG but this really looked VERY GOOD.

i wonder if youll be able to like join a pirate clan thing with their own island. and you sail out with them and prey on innicent merchants. if you can wouldnt it be great to have all the people from pa.

That would be cool. There would probably like 15 good ships in the fleet, and it could compete with any country's navy. There would probably be a international crisis in the game.

There would probably be a international crisis in the game.

I think 15 ships would be on the light side, i would image around `30-40` ships getting together, it probably will be a problem for th dev's, anyone know if you can sack cities in potbs?

Back