• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Interface Screenshots for Ships

I've just uploaded another version with a broader border that more closely matches the others. Now, anyone want to set up a free-play to get a screenshot of "FR_FirstRate" for me? Apart from the wrong flag, that's one of the ships I retextured to use the different shade of red, so it could probably do with a fresh picture anyway.

Err, the top layer (which should include the grid of image borders ONLY) has the shadow effect in every slot. :unsure
The screenshots are supposed to go in the bottom layer, so the shadow effect is overlaid on top of every image the same way.

Has there been a mix-up, somewhere? I was under the impression that the images files I uploaded had two layers for easy editing and was self-explanatory.
If the grid layer has been changed in any way (e.g. merged with screenshots beneath it), then I can upload the original grid layer as a separate image to clean it up.

Has there been a mix-up, somewhere?
That sounds very likely. I think we've been getting round to only editing the TGA file back and forth.
Which.... probably isn't the best way to go about it.... :facepalm

So ideally somebody should probably do a bit of updating on those PSDs by now.
And I don't have the time for it. At all. :modding

That sounds very likely. I think we've been getting round to only editing the TGA file back and forth.
Which.... probably isn't the best way to go about it.... :facepalm
Ah, that might explain it. There is a reason why I worked with layers... :p

In that case, you have no excuse. All you needed to do was use the basic rectangular selector to grab a 256x256 square from the grid of that file, paste it over the top of your schooner picture, and slide it around to match the rest of the grid. ;) I've grabbed the .psd file, done that to my own copy, and it looks close if not identical to what I already had, so I won't bother uploading it yet again. But if someone gets me a new screenshot of "FR_FirstRate" or I have time to get one myself, I'll use a chunk of the original grid to give that its proper frame.

How's this?
upload_2016-1-6_17-13-37.png

I even tried to give you the correct pennant. :doff

Thanks! Yes, pennant and flag are showing nicely, so I've put proper frames from the original .psd on top of both your schooner and "FR_FirstRate" pictures. The result is once again in the same place. And this is how "FR_FirstRate" should now appear in interfaces.

fr_firstrate_portrait.jpg

Thank ye kindly! :cheers

I wonder why my Schooner picture seems much brighter than the ones surrounding it.
But that doesn't matter much now, does it? :cheeky

It doesn't look that bright to me. Here's the schooner plus surrounding ships.

schooners_portrait.jpg

Above the schooner is "PO_Neptunus", notable for two reasons. One is that I was going to comment on how that shot of "FR_FirstRate" has a grey sky while everything else has blue - almost everything else, the other exception being "PO_Neptunus", so if that's allowed in with a grey sky then "FR_FirstRate" should be fine. The other reason is, that's not a Portuguese flag on "PO_Neptunus". xD

I wonder why my Schooner picture seems much brighter than the ones surrounding it.
But that doesn't matter much now, does it? :cheeky
Maybe because of this?
Traditionally, I reduced the brightness of the whole image by 10% before saving as a TGA file, so the images don't look too bright when using ENB in the game.

Why then do I see the schooner portrait as not being brighter than surrounding ships? See my picture in my previous post. The only one which looks exceptionally bright is "PO_Neptunus".

Why then do I see the schooner portrait as not being brighter than surrounding ships? See my picture in my previous post. The only one which looks exceptionally bright is "PO_Neptunus".
Maybe "bright" isn't the right word. The schooner picture seems to have more contrast.
Compare the blue of the sea against the blue on those other pictures.

Were you using ENB for any of your screenshots? The surrounding pictures that @Grey Roger showed do look oddly washed-out compared to the central schooner, but I don't think they had their contrast lowered at any point.

Ambient lighting is also a factor. Take a look around the rest of the ships in "ShipsBL.tga"; some of them have more contrast on their seas too. For that matter, sea condition will also have an effect; you won't see much contrast on waves if there's little wind and a calm sea. And then, as I said, there's "PO_Neptunus", whose hull is practically glowing compared to the rest. You'll see further variation if you look through the other ship interface picture files.

Were you using ENB for any of your screenshots? The surrounding pictures that @Grey Roger showed do look oddly washed-out compared to the central schooner, but I don't think they had their contrast lowered at any point.
I (almost) always use ENB.

Anyway, I'm not going to fuss over this. :shrug

Did I do the PO_Neptunus? I don't remember. But I also did all of the pics except for the new ships. I also like a brighter game and turn the brightness up. Anyway, that PO_Neptunus looks familiar and is brighter because of all the exposed white hull.

Back