• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Intro

Douglas Currier

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Greetings everyone,

I would formally like to introduce myself. During the course of my simulation and game design degree at Central Piedmont Community College, I have worked as a game designer for several companies. At Quantum Motion Inc., I was responsible for helping a team design an IOS game using the Unity engine. My primary duties were to listen to each department, filter through the ideas, and then pitch the refined ideas for the technical leads for art and programming. I also worked for Red Frontier designing a Facebook/physical deck building game with a team of students.

I worked for Penny Arcade Expo in Boston as an Exhibitor Assistant. As an XA, I was responsible for being the lead person that worked both directly for Penny Arcade and the companies that were contracted to be there. Hitpoint Studios, one of the largest independent game design companies in Massachusetts offered me an internship as a story writer because they were so impressed by my dedication.

What I can offer you is the drive to never quit, a winning personality, and the guy that will work 23 hours to make sure stuff gets done. Just make sure the coffee stays flowing.

I look forward to offering whatever help I can.

Ahoy Douglas, welcome aboard mate! :dance

Have a look around and take some time to familiarize yourself with our project and our goals. There have been quite a bit of discussion and brainstorming going on lately, feel free to jump right in! We are still a bit unorganized, but we will get there eventually!

If you haven't done so already, you can download the UDK from HERE, Computica and a few others have posted some links to some tutorials and other information that should help. We debated on using the Unity engine, it definitely has great quality's, and your experience will be invaluable!

Welcome, mate! Your help will be much appreciated!

At the moment, we are in the process of setting up some promotional profiles for Hearts of Oak, as well as writing down exactly what we intend to accomplish with the game.
Then the next step is to be a playable pre-alpha demo version that will serve as proof of concept.

...the guy that will work 23 hours to make sure stuff gets done.
AGH! Careful with that! That's what nearly killed me on my real-life job before I went on holiday! :shock
Anyway, we don't ask anyone to give anything yet we very much appreciate everything that everyone is willing to contribute. :onya

Back