• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Is Maya for newbies??

<!--`QuoteBegin-Vassal`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vassal)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->you will have to pay when you register in Kaaza? :cheers[/quote]No, I think Kaaza is free, you just have to register and download their software so you can access their servers.

Cry Havoc and let loose the Bits of the Torrent! :cheers

Well, Maya is not really for newbies, but newbies can learn maya yes! :rolleyes:

In any case, it is one of the if not the best and most complete 3D package out there, I learned it back in 96, well...not Maya itself but it's predecessor, Alias PowerAnimator 7.5, Maya 1 followed the end of that year and it has been a wonderfull evolution to Maya 5 :yes

As for Ship Modeling, depending on what you want to do, and how big a ship is it can take from a Month to 2 Months to make it from Drawing to Texturing.

Of cource if you do have 8hours+ per day it can be done in less than that time frame, but it is certaintly not as easy as it may seem in the forums and the pictures that we are posting.

On the other hand there is not many things that beat the satisfaction of creating something from scratch and then see it come alive in the game :cheers

<!--`QuoteBegin-Suraknar`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Suraknar)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Cry Havoc and let loose the Bits of the Torrent! :?[/quote] :rolleyes: DS, you sure know how to make an entrance! :yes :cheers

<!--`QuoteBegin-Suraknar`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Suraknar)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->there is not many things that beat the satisfaction of creating something from scratch and then see it come alive in the game :?[/quote] I can second that - while I can't claim to have done the 3D modeling part of it yet, it sure is fun to be able to create something and then let it loose in the game - I felt that way about my ships (can't stop admiring them!), and I also feel that way about my Fred Bob quest...

I'll finish it someday... Soon, I hope! :cheers 8)

Back