• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Is there a way?

BobbaFett

Sailor Apprentice
Ahoy all, is there a way to control two ships at once but make them fight?
I want to create an epic video involving the black pearl versus the flying Dutchman, i hope this is possible, thanks in advance for the replies.

Simplest way is to get both ships yourself, make yourself a Hero using the cheatmode and make the other ship's captain a Bloody Terror.
A companion mutiny is then inevitable and your companion will turn on you.

One will be AI controlled, of course, but will be attacking you.
I don't know how you want to control two ships at the same time. o_O

You can use Ctrl+Arrow Left/Right to move the camera to the viewpoint of the other ship though.

The person who did that might first have controlled the Pearl, then the Dutchman and edited it together later.

mhm i dont know, editing seems odd in the video? also when he takes control of the Dutchman, it seems in sync

While I don't think it is completely impossible (you can swap ships in your fleet through the menu if there are no enemies around),
it would require some substantial digging through the code to figure out if and how you can swap between two enemy ships.
I sincerely doubt the person who made the video did that.

mhm i see, however, I think in AOP it's possible to control both ships while they attack each other?

@Pieter Boelen changing the MainCharacter to the captain of the ship might actually do the trick. I can't test it now but maybe you can?

Its not working Peter :c
What part isn't working?

@Pieter Boelen changing the MainCharacter to the captain of the ship might actually do the trick. I can't test it now but maybe you can?
As I said, it is probably possible to swap the ships through code.
But for me it isn't important enough to do the digging required.

If @BobbaFett wants to though, probably the best place to start looking is PROGRAM\INTERFACE\transfer_main.c, specifically the section related to:
Code:
    SeaAI_SwapShipsAttributes(refMyCharacter, refEnemyCharacter);
     SeaAI_SwapShipAfterAbordage(refMyCharacter, refEnemyCharacter);

Or look in I think the hornblower quest. At one point you switch character there for a while if I remember right. but maybe @Bartolomeu o Portugues or @Jack Rackham knows when this happens from the top of theire head. If you look at that code you might be able to figure it out

Or look in I think the hornblower quest. At one point you switch character there for a while if I remember right. but maybe @Bartolomeu o Portugues or @Jack Rackham knows when this happens from the top of theire head. If you look at that code you might be able to figure it out
Your character switches name and model there; as far as the game is concerned, you don't actually switch characters.
Actually, that never ever happens. The player is always the "Blaze" character ID.

Back