• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own (Russian Sequel to Age of Pirates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiminnss

Landlubber
Hi everyone,
Just recently started to play Age of Pirates 2 and it is really amazing. Just going threw old forum entries I found this game. It looks even better than Age of Pirates 2. I saw an entry that there will be an English version. I wanted to ask are there any news on English version?

No, there isn't. Supposedly one is/has been in the works, but there has been no word on a genuine release.

It has been a while so I may be wrong, but one of the people working on Poteho lived very close to where the Russian Army is invading the Ukraine. He may not be able to do anything anymore.

Greetings crewmates,

English version of POTEHO is ready and it's currently being tested by myself and Akella's staff. PA community will be welcome to test the game as soon as we finish our part.

RBD, if you want I will add you in my list, you'll be contacted once the testing build for PA is ready. If anyone else also wishes to participate, feel free to let me know here or send me an email. joruba92 @ mail . ru

Hey @Joruba! Good to see you around.
Have no time to assist myself, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people are looking forward to playing your work!

i have played the Russian version but i cant get anywhere because i don't understand it so yes i would love to test it

Last edited:
Greeting, comrades.

So, a test build will be done by the end of this week. Therefore, I am starting to assemble every volunteer in my list. If someone wants to participate, please email me (joruba 92 @ mail . ru).

Goal: To test the game and, which is the most vital, it's translation. We can spare only around a month and a half on that. We are going to release in the middle of this summer (Jesus, three years!).

Requirements:
Decent or native English
Skype account
Steam account
Solid experience in the series
Desire to make the game better and to see more games like POTEHO (and much better) in the future

Rewards:
Free game if you don't own it already
Well deserved place in the credits
Chance to play the game first (it's fully operational, no major bugs, only a lot of translation mistakes, most of them are not critical)
We will think of more ways to show our gratitude to you, no pessos at this moment, I am sorry, maybe later, who knows? =)

Feel free to write me.

Last edited:
Well may I "Kiss the gunner's daughter" and "Splice the mainbrace", lads, this is a surprise...
(Yes, I am still out there in the stormy seas, just busy with other things in life now).

TWO and HALF YEARS since the original consideration of an English release, and over THREE years since the Russian Release (without expansion).

Yes, I got Joruba's personal note (I still cannot believe he even still had my email address).
Still know the Storm Engine 2.8 Engine, still potentially willing to knock the beta version for testing.

Played through about half of the Russian version, as I got tired of having to translate in my head.
Similarities in design and systems, made the translations easier however.

I just hope I am not the only one of a couple of serious people, as I can not do this alone.
Maybe there is still "wind in these old sails" yet...

Trust me, I can swear that I got some grey on my head during these years.
Sure, I have all adresses of people who wrote me a year ago, if I missed anyone, please remind me.
I just hope I am not the only one of a couple of serious people, as I can not do this alone.
You are not.

Okay, it's 9 AM here, I am going to sleep, I'll answer any questions when I am up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back