• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Island Creating

danitim1

Sanka Da Vinci
Storm Modder
Does someone have any tutorial of how creating a new Island for Potc? I need to know what are the steps to start and etc. I have some experience in modeling and I would like practicing building a new Island for my storyline.

What exactly are you trying to do? There are a lot of options here:

1. Write your storyline BEFORE making a new island; while coding can be complicated, it is easier to break down into small, doable parts.
That does not apply to modeling, because you need to actually FINISH the huge project before being able to get it into the game.

2. Again using coding, make a copy of an existing island. Isla de Muerta is a good example of an island added through code.

3. Using the TOOL, "cobble together" something resembling what you want to accomplish.
Bartolomeu o Portugues once did that; see the RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\outside\Isle model.
But that is a simple location model for the player to walk around on, not an island for in 3D sailing mode.

4. Actually make a whole new island from scratch. While this is theoretically possible, it is a long-winded and frustrating affair.
The only person here who ever did something similar is Armada. But even he never made one from scratch.

So again, I have to warn you and ask if you are really, really sure you are not biting off too much here.
Especially since you want to make AND an island AND a storyline, which would both be big projects on their own.

Back