• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Issues with ship battle music

Jonty

Ϯ ρiгaτϵ ϻaᴤτϵѓміпם Ϯ
Beta 3.1

I've noticed that with the standard or PoTC music pack, ship battle music stops playing if I move away from an enemy ship by a small distance after initiating the battle and by extension, the music. The battle music will start playing when I engage or they do, then if I move away from them the music that plays when you finish a battle either by defeating all the ships or escaping starts playing. It's like the game thinks I have finished the battle, even though I'm still exchanging cannon fire. Then when I move near an enemy ship, the battle music starts playing again. Not gamebreaking of course, just breaks the immersion when I have epic battle music playing and it keeps stopping as if I've just finished the battle, thus playing the regular sea music unless I get close again.

How close do you get before the battle music starts playing? In the Open Sea mod battle is not officially engaged until one gets within 50 yards, while in the regular game battle commences at 500 yards.

I would say it was 50 yards since I was using the open sea mod, but it seems that if I move 50 yards away even when I'm still engaged in battle, it thinks the battle is over (hence why the end of battle music starts playing) because I'm out of range, despite the fact we are still exchanging cannon fire and moving around trying to get angles on eachother and whatnot. It's only when I reach the ship I am battling with within 50 yards again, new battle music starts playing.

You just answered your question. That is just the way it is in the open Sea mod.

So this is an intentional feature, not a bug? What's the reasoning behind it? :unsure

I'm not sure what it is and how it is coded. I can just tell you that it the usual way in iron man mode. No idea if this is for purpose or not.

One difference is, in iron man mode there is no clear border when combat is terminated. Because wind can change and a fallen back enemy may again gain on you - or the opposite.

Still, it would be good if the battle music didn't keep ending when we're still engaging in cannon fire or chasing each other. 50 yards is quite a short distance considering when it comes to the sea and ship battles.

The 50 yard limit is in Iron Man mode also? o_O

The 50 yard limit is an unforeseen consequence of the changed time and distances in the Open Sea mod. I do not know all the gory details except that it was never changed for some technical reason. :shrug

I am used to it and it does not bother me. In fact it is an advantage in battle as I can save at most any time.

Hmm. I'll label this as a Confirmed Bug in case anyone decides to change it in future.

Open Sea Mod is enabled by default in Iron Man Mode.
So what applies with Open Sea Mod ON would apply in Iron Man Game Mode too.

Still, it would be good if the battle music didn't keep ending when we're still engaging in cannon fire or chasing each other. 50 yards is quite a short distance considering when it comes to the sea and ship battles.
Aye! :yes:onya

Back