• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Abandoned Items in shipchest should apply bonusses

Should items in the shipchest give bonusses

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
At the moment if you have items stored in the shipchest they will still give you a bonus. Do people think this should stay this way or should items in the shipchest not give bonusses.

This was added to give players the option to reduce inventory clutter and therefore it should stay.
Why would you want it removed? o_O

Thats a real good feature, it will be a shame to take it away. It will be a mess to carry around with all that stuff,
and what about the navigation tools? I always have them in the chest. Books also is there.

The inventory system in POTC is just too clunky to remove this feature. Scrolling through a full inventory is a nightmare. :)

Also, for most skill boost items it makes sense. Books are works you learn from studying in off hours. Blade care kit is something you use after the battle. Tools you get out when you need them. Magic items can be imagined to work at a distance.

You still have to keep the equipable items on you I think, which seems a good compromise arrangement.

Last edited:
This was added to give players the option to reduce inventory clutter and therefore it should stay.
Why would you want it removed? o_O
ok, tought it to be somewhat unrealistic but I see your point

ok, tought it to be somewhat unrealistic but I see your point
Indeed it wasn't for Realism reasons; it was more a way of bypassing the inconveniences of the Inventory system.

It's not entirely unrealistic. Books would give you the bonus because you've been reading them, and you wouldn't be doing that while you're ashore, you'd do it during all the long periods at sea when you're not doing anything else. Most other items would also be used during spare time at sea, or actively at sea for things like the gunner's glass or carpenter's toolkit, and again would stay in the chest until needed. If anything, I'd say that allowing the items to function while in the ship's chest is more realistic than requiring you to carry them!

Back