• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Jack Aubrey's first own ship, the HMS Sophie

I am porting your beautiful ship "HMS Sophie" into CoAS CM v3, what is the closest ship to her that i can use for the ship.init data? :will

You do some really good work pgargon! :dance I love all of your other works! The rigging is more realistic than the other models and the deck has more details etc. :onya

I am porting your beautiful ship "HMS Sophie" into CoAS CM v3, what is the closest ship to her that i can use for the ship.init data? :will

You do some really good work pgargon! :dance I love all of your other works! The rigging is more realistic than the other models and the deck has more details etc. :onya

Thanks Craiggo. Well she you like. I am building the HMS Mordaunt on the basis of Arabella :keith

Great work, as the others... :doff

Have you read the pm?

Yes I have. Thanks for the Plans. ;)
The HMS Greyhound will surely come, but only after I had the Arabella and the Victory revised. :sail
The HMS Greyhound is a beautiful small frigate. In the game, they could be used as a corvette.

So you should like this one, i made it last week basing on the pictures you showed, I'll upload it soon!

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1628/greya.jpg

The new version has less polygons. The guns I have redesigned and have less polygons. It was still below deck realistic design. And some minor improvements. There are now colored different ship textures.
There is now also a video to the ship. :rolleyes:

The Sophie is a great ship, but I think she is a little too low in the water? Any thoughts?

In CoBS the Sophie needs raising just a little bit I think. Atm you get too much water in the lower deck, there needs to be more of the black trim visable above the waterline.

KK, will make the changes and try to fix her for the next patch.

I'll try get a screenshot if that helps?

See what you guys think... though warning I do run a 19:6 screen so the game does not fit the screen properly. However that shouldnt affect it at all, but just incase anyone thinks the ship looks alittle squashed in my game :p

LOL, i've fixed her now. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/15127-coas-combined-mod-version-3/page__pid__374711__st__1020#entry374711

I've been trying to do some work on the Sophie to adjust her for PotC.
Doing this, I noticed that Sophie1_rey_a4 is inside-out in GM Viewer, but seems to appear good ingame.

Also, after doing flag pennant locator work, I noticed that the aft sail is too low and appears through the deck.

Not quite sure what I did wrong; if I can, I'll look into this again later.

Yes, the error still comes from the rey_a4 Interceptor / Enterprise. I have the rey_a4 then used for Sophie and Speedy. The error only occurs when rey_a4. In the game he does not exist. This is at least positive. :shrug

Back