• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Jack Aubrey's first own ship, the HMS Sophie

Sophie is fully converted again!
danse1.gif

http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/images/hms-sophie1#imagebox

Originally, she had no flags except the ensign on the spanker.
You'll notice I've added a pennant on the aft mast, which I believe is accurate for this ship.
wink.gif

Oddly, because rey_a4 is inside-out in GM Viewer, but solid in-game, the fixed version appears to have reverse lighting, whereas the old one doesn't.
wacko.gif

So I've stuck with the old one for now.

And it looks like the locator on mast3 for the new rey_a4 was too low down, since the old rey_a4 was centred at x,y,z (0,0,0) a bit higher up.
So since I've used the older one, there's no need to move the locator.
no.gif

Very cool! Is it just me, though, or is now the foremast's top a bit empty? :?

Is it just me, though, or is now the foremast's top a bit empty?
unsure.gif
How did I know you'd say that...? :rolleyes:
Just because a mast exists, doesn't necessarily mean it needs a flag.
I've searched for images on HMS Sophie and almost always seen her with that flag layout.
The same goes for HMS Surprise, with which I did the same thing and based her flags on what I most commonly saw.

I reckon we should keep it as is, for now. But it's easy to change if necessary. :yes

How did you know? Because I'm an annoying little twit, probably! :whipa

Anyway, go right ahead and keep as-is. It's not like you've got nothing better to do! :shock

How did you know? Because I'm an annoying little twit, probably! :whipa
Um, no, that's not quite how I meant it.
unsure.gif

More like you have a history of being very particular about flags. No other reason.
no.gif

In other words, a history of being an annoying little twit! Don't worry; I know myself. :boom

Very well, if you insist on calling yourself a twit, just remember you brought that upon yourself.
laugh.gif

Back