• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Jack Sparrow Story - Boarding & Treasure Quest

FrozenHeart

Freebooter
I am playing Jack Sparrow Story(Build14_3.2). Playing with main quest, just got the EITC ship in story line. I have 3 problem as follows -
1. With boarding the ship = My weapons locker is full with good quality weapons. But when I am going to board a ship only fellow officers are coming with me, but no sailors are following us. Why this is happening and how to solve it??
I can't find anything to solve in BuildSettings or in InternalSettings. Please advice.
2. Refueling =Where can I refuel my ammo supply for weapons locker?? There is no options for it in shop, either.
3. Treasure quest = I did a treasure quest in the cost of Cuba. I spotted it, but after digging there is nothing. Totally empty. Why so?? Is this a matter of storyline? I have an another treasure hits in Leviathan's Rock and still need to search for it.

Still for now and THANKS IN ADVANCE.

I haven't played the Jack Sparrow storyline, but those questions are equally valid on any storyline which allows free play, being more to do with general pirating of the Caribbean and not to do with specific stories (as far as I know, anyway). So...

1: How many people you have with you in total depends on the relative sizes of crew on your ship and the enemy. If you are boarding a larger ship, especially if you have a full set of three companion officers, you won't have additional crew with you. And on lower decks it's always only you and your officers, unless you have fewer than three officers.

2: You don't. From what I've read elsewhere on the forum, crew no longer need ammo. In theory, at least. In practice there are reports elsewhere on this forum that the crew fail to use firearms.

3: That does sometimes happen. Your chances of finding a full chest depend on how much you paid for the map and your Luck skill, but it's never guaranteed even if you paid lots of money and have Luck 10. Also, it should be impossible to have more than one treasure quest active in Build 14, so presumably you got that quest for Leviathan's Rock after you found the empty chest on Cuba.

1. I disagree on the lower decks part. If the crew sizes are matched I always have crew with me as well as officers until I get to the Captains cabin. There it depends on the size of the cabin as a small cabin will just have 2 of us while the largest cabin will also have crew.

2. Do your crew use pistols during boardings? You have to add things to the weapons chest yourself.

3. I don't think the amount paid has anything to do with whether there is anything in the chest or not. In my last game I paid $215,000 twice and came up empty twice, then got rich on one I paid $34,000 for.

Thanks for the reply.
1. As I remember I did 5/6 boarding till now. My last boarding with a class 5 ship where I am with class 4. I has 3 officer in active mode. They fallowed me but no crew. Whatever the deck is. I assumed at list they fellow on upper deck where there was a lot of enemy. But result is negative still now.

2. For @Hylie, they are not showing on boarding then how do they use it.
For @Grey, I have no idea of this.
I had filled weapons locker myself. There is pistols too. So no problem with this. In build13, there is an option for weapons locker, you have to fill the locker with pistol, musket bullets & gunpowder. And for this in 'Redmond' shop there is an option during chatting with shop owner(for refueling the ammo for officer & crew). But I could not find that option here and weapon locker is empty (for pistol, musket bullets & gunpowder), although I had put pistols & muskets there.

3. About treasure, @ Grey, you are right. I got cuba first, then Leviathan's Rock and I came out with empty hand from both. Lets see the next.

Sorry for the Graphic Anomalies, but this boarding just a few hours ago shows how it is for me. The crew is fighting and an officer is shooting. I had the larger crew as my class 4 galleon attacked a class 6 light fleut. I will add shot and powder to the Arms locker and see what happens.
beta3 2014-05-22 09-45-27-61.jpg

4th treasure quest was a success. :dance
Still bad luck about boarding, crew is not coming... :(

How many officer I can hair?? When the number goes to 9, one of the officer is automatically vanished from passenger list.

About crew on lower decks: I misremembered, some memories from Build 13 got through when they should not have. :oops: Hylie is right, crew should appear with you on all decks unless you're seriously outnumbered. (I put my xebec next to a battleship last night. It boarded me. I didn't have any crew on the first deck, but after my officers and I had slaughtered the enemies there, the crew numbers must have evened out a bit because I did get crew on the next deck.)

You can have a lot more than 9 officers. You'll know when you've hit the limit because if you board an enemy ship and the captain surrenders, you won't get the options to make him an officer or lock him in the brig - either you let the ship go or you kill everybody. The limit is 36. However, you're not the first person to report old officers disappearing when new officers are hired despite having a lot less than that limit.

I've put ammo and powder in my weapons locker. My crew still refuse to shoot. They can find the guns I put in the locker but they can't find the ammo. I know this because if one of them gets killed during boarding I loot his body to get my stuff back - he has one of the swords I put in the locker, one of the guns, possibly one of the armour, and no bullets or powder.

Thanks for the reply and a very good wishes for @Jack & others who is working on this project :onya

I did put gunpowder & ammo in weapon locker along with guns, too. Hope they will show up sometime....
Yes officers are disappearing and if anyone have any solution for it then please let me know.

Sorry for not staring a new thread. Want to know how to unlock 'professional fencer' option?? I have lot of books and chatting with lots of people but there is no hints for unlocking it. I already unlocked advanced defense ability.

Last edited:
Thanks from me also to Jack Rackham for working on this problem!

To get a hint on how to unlock a perk, press "F1", go to "Options", go to "Difficulty", and set to either "Journeyman" or "Apprentice". Return to the game and look at "Abilities" where you should now have a hint on how to unlock it. Then go through the whole procedure again to return to your original difficulty level.

If I remember correctly, you unlock "Professional Fencer" by training with your crew. Starting from any port, board your ship and talk to any random crewmember wandering around the deck. You can ask to practice fencing with him. Don't take the easy option, and if you beat him anyway then you get the perk unlocked.

Here's a fix.
1) All characters use ammo now but you don't have to bother with your crew.
They get what they need. (The ammo in the weaponslocker is just for the eye.)
2) Landcrew equip (weapons) from the weaponslocker too.
3) The deckLow cannot be flooded anylonger.

Cool beans, @Jack Rackham! :cheers

On the "disappearing officers", does anyone have any indication on when and how that happens?
Without further details, that one is very difficult to track down. Alternatively, how would we be able to replicate that bug?

I can not remember that ever happening to me. I can remember having 11-12 officers and currently have 8. Two Captains, a Gunner, a Doctor, and 4 Fighters 3 whom accompany me and one who takes over any captured ship.

Many Thanks Jack :cheers awesome work.
As I understand just copy & replace the older files, right?

As 'officers disappearing', happened with me earlier. Now I think it's working properly. As I suspect after 'Mr. Gibbs' on board in my ship :) No old officer disappearing happened after that and I can hair new officer without any problem.

But F5(quick save) not working form the beginnings. Says "no active profile". How can that be!!! as I am using a profile for playing. Any solution for that?

Here's a fix.
1) All characters use ammo now but you don't have to bother with your crew.
They get what they need. (The ammo in the weaponslocker is just for the eye.)
2) Landcrew equip (weapons) from the weaponslocker too.
3) The deckLow cannot be flooded anylonger.
Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work, at least for me. I copied all the files into the "PROGRAM" directory, then continued my game from the last save. There is certainly now lots of ammo in the weapons locker. Crew do now have ammo. They just don't use it. The first evidence of this is the obvious one, namely the lack of gunfire coming from my crew. The second evidence is less direct - when one of my crew gets himself killed and I loot the body, he still has his full allocation of 6 shots and 6 powder. This is still useful, though in a different way. After the fight on that deck is over, I go round my officers replacing the ammo they used from my own stock, then I search bodies for replacement ammo for myself. Previously I had to hope that the dead enemies had enough ammo to replace what I and my officers had used. If one or two of my own crew are lying around with full stocks, there is no longer a shortage. :guns:

Being able to loot ammo off your own crew does sort-of defeat the purpose of requiring ammo in the first place. :facepalm

Back