• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Jack Sparrow Storyline: Rewrite "Hylie Pistof" Tavern Owner Dialog

No sorry, because my young buddy took over and played "pirates" for a while. :)
In that case, was that with the very latest ZIP?
It is probably one of those "Random" dialogs that @morgan terror and myself have been messing around with.
But I'd need to know which one and if it is the CURRENT version that is bugged or if it was a previous one. :facepalm

@Jack Rackham if you make a building from the pistol you don't Need a reloadtolocation, you can just use the changecharactergroup for the building, But I don't know if you would be able to place it that accuratly then.

And a random item can be picked up.
And the Standard Storyline contains a scene where you place a model on a very specific spot as well.

If we want to make this CRAZY COMPLICATED, I can think of all sorts of things to accomplish that.
But I'd really rather have simple solutions. Why put in a lot of effort when that isn't necessary? :cheeky

So I maintain: Tavern owner will never use that weapon and it is just there for display purposes.
If @Hylie Pistof is OK with that, I reckon that would be the best solution for sure.

Most important is the actual rewriting of that dialog file.
Here's to hoping @Mirsaneli can make something fun out of that! :cheers

Ok, I'll add the musketoon as it is now to my next upload. When Pieter do you plan the next version?
I have many files ready again.

if you make a building from the pistol you don't Need a reloadtolocation, you can just use the changecharactergroup for the building
How exactly is that done?

But I don't know if you would be able to place it that accuratly then
Isn't it just to use Build_at( )... in the location file?

And a random item can be picked up.
Yes, but not by an NPC?

And the Standard Storyline contains a scene where you place a model on a very specific spot as well.
What? I could use that!

When Pieter do you plan the next version?
Weekend.

Putting the idol on a spot in the temple on Cozumel - to open the alcove. :yes
^ Yep, that's the one.

Not entirely sure how it works, but the item is "idol" from the Standard Storyline and I think this code from PROGRAM\ITEMS\itemLogic.c has something to do with it:
Code:
void Items_ShowItem(int _itemN)
{
   aref al;
   aref activeLocation;
   ref chr = GetMainCharacter();
   makearef(activeLocation, Locations[sti(chr.itemLocationIndex)]);

if (Items[_itemN].model == "")
   {
     Trace("ItemLogic: no model for item "+activeLocation.id+"."+Items[_itemN].id);
     return;
   }

if (Items[_itemN].startLocator != "")
   { //unused
     Items_LoadModel(&itemModels[_itemN], &Items[_itemN]);

if (!FindLocator(Items[_itemN].startLocation, Items[_itemN].startLocator, &al, true))
       Trace("ItemLogic: locator for item "+_itemN+" not found! ["+Items[_itemN].startLocation+">>"+Items[_itemN].startLocator);
     Trace ("ItemLogic: showing item at "+al.x+", "+al.y+", "+al.z);
     SendMessage(&itemModels[_itemN], "lffffffffffff", MSG_MODEL_SET_POSITION, makeFloat(al.x), makeFloat(al.y), makeFloat(al.z), makeFloat(al.vx.x), makeFloat(al.vx.y), -makeFloat(al.vx.z), makeFloat(al.vy.x), makeFloat(al.vy.y), -makeFloat(al.vy.z), makeFloat(al.vz.x), makeFloat(al.vz.y), -makeFloat(al.vz.z));
   }
   else
   { //used
     if (Items[_itemN].useLocation != activeLocation.id)
       return;

Items_LoadModel(&itemModels[_itemN], &Items[_itemN]);

for (int i=0; i<useLocatorsCount; i++)
     {
       al = useLocators[i];
       if (useAttrs[i].locator == Items[_itemN].useLocator)
       {
         SendMessage(&itemModels[i], "lffffffffffff", MSG_MODEL_SET_POSITION, makeFloat(al.x), makeFloat(al.y)+makeFloat(useAttrs[i].itemDeltaY)+makeFloat(useAttrs[i].deltaY), makeFloat(al.z), makeFloat(al.vx.x), makeFloat(al.vx.y), -makeFloat(al.vx.z), makeFloat(al.vy.x), makeFloat(al.vy.y), -makeFloat(al.vy.z), makeFloat(al.vz.x), makeFloat(al.vz.y), -makeFloat(al.vz.z));
         return;
       }
     }
   }
}

Yes, but not by an NPC?
Well, they DO disappear from the location, even though I don't know quite how.
You could try to place a random item and then execute RandItems_OnUnloadLocation() through console.
Good chance it will disappear.

But how about we continue fancy ideas somewhere else.
As we discussed above, the only thing we need here are:
1. Blunderbuss visible behind the counter of the Turks Tavern, to appear when Hylie takes over - Done by @Jack Rackham
2. Dialog text to be rewritten - Awaiting from @Mirsaneli

More programmy stuff right here might discourage those things happening. :facepalm

Here's the dialog. I didn't know what to write for the line 35 cause to be honest I'm not sure that I understand that line :D
I think that will do quite nicely! :cheers

Looks like line 35 is related to when you do a LOT of drinking in the tavern and make the tavern owner come over to your table for some reason.
I don't think anyone ever really triggers that. Maybe in the future when "drinking in the tavern" actually becomes a sensible part of the game.

And here's Hylie's musketoon in Turks tavern. Forgot it earlier.

Attachments

• JRH fixes 2 16-01-09.7z
    42.4 KB · Views: 153
"Pick yer poison. Ale, wine, or rum."
"Leave the serving wench alone. The working girls are....wherever the brothel is."
One last request @Mirsaneli: Is there any spot where the above two lines might fit in?

And here's Hylie's musketoon in Turks tavern. Forgot it earlier.
Very awesome! So I think if I do this in the quests_reaction.c file, the musketoon will show up only when Hylie takes over the tavern:
Code:
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Hylie Pistof"), "Turks_Tavern", "merchant", "goto3");
       Locations[FindLocation("Turks_Tavern")].models.always.l2 = "musketoon"; // JRH
:dance

One last request @Mirsaneli: Is there any spot where the above two lines might fit in?

Very awesome! So I think if I do this in the quests_reaction.c file, the musketoon will show up only when Hylie takes over the tavern:
Code:
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Hylie Pistof"), "Turks_Tavern", "merchant", "goto3");
       Locations[FindLocation("Turks_Tavern")].models.always.l2 = "musketoon"; // JRH
:dance

Maybe instead of: "I'm all eyes and ears, sir! How can I be helpin' you?"

"I'm all eyes and ears, sir! Pick yer poison. Ale, wine, or rum?"

And instead of line 35: "Ye scurvy-ridden sons o' Davy's sow! Don't ye be makin' ol' Hylie Pistof come o'er an' pour a can o' whoopass on ye!",

"Leave the serving wench alone. The working girls are... wherever the brothel is."

A pirate who doesn't know where the brothel is? What an embarrasment.............

Back