• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Jack Sparrow Storyline Ship Use

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
As I've suggested before, I'd like to go through all storylines and put all our new high-detail ship models to good use where appropriate.
To get a better overview, here's the list of ships used in the Jack Sparrow storyline:

Guy Verbinski captaining White Swan (HMS_Bounty) - Only seen during storyline opening; maybe find another little-used pirate ship because the Bounty now DOES actually have a fair amount of use
Jack Sparrow captaining Spreading Freedom (Cutter2)
Jack Sparrow captaining Wicked Wench (WickedWench)
Jack Sparrow "captaining" Lindesfarne (HMS_Bounty)
Jack Sparrow captaining Slick Rigging (Sloop2) - Damski's ship from below
Jack Sparrow captaining Cutlass (RN_BattleFrigate)
Jack Sparrow "captaining" "Free At Last" (Barque4_47)
Jack Sparrow captaining HMS Surprise (HMS_Surprise) - Norrington as a pirate alternate to the film story
Jack Sparrow captaining Black Pearl (BlackPearl) OR Crimson Blood (CrimsonBlood)
Jack Sparrow captaining Jolly Mon (Tartane50)
Jack Sparrow captaining Sparrow Hawk (Frigate2) - Given by John Clifford Brin

Barbossa captaining Black Pearl (UncursedPearl) OR Crimson Blood (CrimsonBlood)
Barbossa captaining cursed Black Pearl (SHIP_CURSED) or cursed Crimson Blood (SHIP_CURSED)
James Norrington captaining HMS Dauntless (HMS_Dauntless)
Port Guard captaining HMS Interceptor (HMS_Interceptor)
Jack Sparrow captaining HMS Interceptor (HMS_Interceptor) - Only for port scene if I recall

Cutler Beckett captaining Lindesfarne (HMS_Bounty) - Replacement for the RN_Indiaman that makes more storyline sense because the Bounty is a lot smaller
Davy Jones captaining Flying Dutchman (CursedDutchman)
James Norrington captaining HMS Interceptor (HMS_Interceptor)
Gentleman Jocard (Gombo the Slave) captaining Ranger (FR_Boussole) - Nigel Blythe-type sidequest
Eduardo Villanueva captaining Sargento (FR_Corvette) - French ship for Spanish captain?
Isenbrandt Jurcksen (Skull) captaining Dud (PiratFrigateSup)
Lieutenant Bligh captaining HMS Bounty (HMS_Bounty)

Sir Christopher Mings captaining China Vase (Frigate2)
Pieter Boelen captaining Amsterdam (NL_Amsterdam) - I don't even remember what I do in this storyline :facepalm
Konrad Kulczycki (Pirate_KK) captaining Phantom (FastGalleon2)
Petros captaining The Rock (SP_Galeon50)
Maykin Blundas captaining Whisper (Brig2)
Cap'n Drow captaining Vengeance (Corvette47)
Thomas the Terror captaining Wapen van Bergen op Zoom (NL_Frigate47)
Nathan Kell captaining The Coder (PiratFrigateSup)
Jack Rackham captaining Curlew (HMS_Sophie)
Peter Willemoes captaining Horn (Sloop1)
Mr. Gibbs captaining HMS Interceptor (HMS_Interceptor)
Captain Damski captaining Slick Rigging (Sloop2)
Captain Maximus captaining The Big Buccaneer (Cutter1)
Captain Philippe captaining Compass Rose (Sloop1)
Couch Captain Charles captaining The Comfy Sofa (HMS_Sophie)
Captain Maggee captaining Van Diemen (RN_RevengeW)
Francois de Hadoque captaining La Licorne (FR_Licorne) - Silver Train sidequest

Mergildo Hurtado captaining Montanez (Barque1) - Ship being attacked by the Animists' ships
Marbatico captaining Hundred Devils (Barque2) - Animists' Storyline
Masked Man captaining 666 (Brig2) - Animists' Storyline
Skyliner captaining Crimson Blood (CrimsonBlood) - Animists' Storyline

Spanish Lieutenant (Bernardo Gamboa) captaining Neptunus (Corvette1)

Quest_frigate_captain captaining Volcano (Battleship1) - Is this used? Same as Standard and Hornblower storylines
Simon Blunden captaining Volcano II (Frigate2) - Only used as trap
Anne Bonny captaining Vertigo (Schooner2) - Same ship as Danielle in Standard storyline?

Sir Christopher Mings captaining China Vase (Frigate2)
Pieter Boelen captaining Amsterdam (NL_Amsterdam) - I don't even remember what I do in this storyline :facepalm

You meet Norrington & Sparrow in Turks Tavern - Norrington Faints when Sparrow talks to you.

Mings actually has a ship :shock --- I thought he spent all his time asleep or in the tavern :rofl

You meet Norrington & Sparrow in Turks Tavern - Norrington Faints when Sparrow talks to you.
He FAINTS? Why? From the sheer awesomeness of a notorious rogue pirate talking with an esteemed gentleman of fortune? :shock

Mings actually has a ship :shock --- I thought he spent all his time asleep or in the tavern :rofl
Based on your being surprised, I suspect he never actually gets to use it?

He FAINTS? Why? From the sheer awesomeness of a notorious rogue pirate talking with an esteemed gentleman of fortune? :shock

:yes :rofl

Based on your being surprised, I suspect he never actually gets to use it?

Never seen him use it.

Never seen Maykin Blundas use a ship - he just kills you.

And I don't think Anne Bonney uses a ship either - just appears in Port a Prince Tavern.

I can't remember SKull having a ship - I think you just meet him in the pirate leaders house.

And I thought Peter Willemoes sailed with the player as an officer.

Of course they might want ships in some future part of the story - whenever that happens - but they could always be given them back again if needed.

:drunk

Guy Verbinski captaining White Swan (HMS_Bounty) -
I can't really think of any other ships this size, of equal detail, that could replace this one.
However, maybe we could use the Edinburgh instead, for the sake of at least using a different colour scheme.

Jack Sparrow captaining Cutlass (RN_BattleFrigate)
What role does this ship have? Using a navy ship like RN_BattleFrigate would suggest she should be 'HMS [Something]'...

I'm a bit stumped on making any other replacements, because I've no idea how most of the ships are used. :facepalm

So what if Davy Jones came up to you and asked "What is your purpose here?"... xD:

I can't really think of any other ships this size, of equal detail, that could replace this one.
However, maybe we could use the Edinburgh instead, for the sake of at least using a different colour scheme.
Since it's only used for scenic purposes, the size of the ship technically doesn't matter.
Could be smaller or larger as we want, as long as it seems like a pirate ship you could expect in Tortuga port. Maybe KetchNavy?

What role does this ship have? Using a navy ship like RN_BattleFrigate would suggest she should be 'HMS [Something]'...
Apparently she's used in the part where you get off Guadeloupe in the "The Brotherhood - Mings Storyline",
so she's a ship provided somehow by one of the modders (not entirely sure which one). So she shouldn't be a navy ship.

Since it's only used for scenic purposes, the size of the ship technically doesn't matter.
Could be smaller or larger as we want, as long as it seems like a pirate ship you could expect in Tortuga port. Maybe KetchNavy?
As in, HMS Nonsuch? Technically she's too old for this era, but I guess pirates can't always acquire new ships, so we could get away with it.

Apparently she's used in the part where you get off Guadeloupe in the "The Brotherhood - Mings Storyline",
so she's a ship provided somehow by one of the modders (not entirely sure which one). So she shouldn't be a navy ship.
In that case, we need to replace her with something less nation-specific. Maybe a stock frigate?
Or perhaps La Boussole? By this time her paint scheme is not recognisable as French Navy colours, so it wouldn't matter if we use her here.

As in, HMS Nonsuch? Technically she's too old for this era, but I guess pirates can't always acquire new ships, so we could get away with it.
That's my first random thought. Small older ship for a pirate doesn't sound too strange to me. :no

In that case, we need to replace her with something less nation-specific. Maybe a stock frigate?
Or perhaps La Boussole? By this time her paint scheme is not recognisable as French Navy colours, so it wouldn't matter if we use her here.
That does sound like a pretty good idea to me. :cheeky

I haven't yet made any changes for this storyline. Any specific thoughts of what could/should be done for Beta 2? There's still time now.

Maybe just the above changes to use KetchNavy and FR_Boussole? I can't think of much else that really needs changing. :shrug

I'm replacing:
White Swan (HMS_Bounty) with KetchNavy
Ranger (FR_Boussole) with PiratCorvette50
Vertigo (Schooner2) with PiratHannah
Sargento (FR_Corvette) with SP_Neptunus
Neptunus (Corvette1) with SP_Neptunus
Sparrow Hawk (Frigate2) with PiratFrigateSup
Cutlass (RN_BattleFrigate) with FR_Boussole

Any more thoughts?

Vertigo (Schooner2) with PiratHannah
Technically that's not ideal, since the Hannah model is from the late 18th century, but I guess it's not hugely important for a ship of this size.

Does anyone have any thoughts on putting the HMS_Unicorn to use in this storyline? Maybe for the Sparrow Hawk instead of the PiratFrigateSup?
She IS given by the governor of Jamaica.

That sounds like a fair use for her, yes. A generous gift from the governor indeed! :keith

Back