• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

JRH quest

Anyway, I'm disabling this whole new camera thingey again. It people want it, Game Preferences allows them to switch it on.

Sounds good. There is a switch? Even better. :onya:onya

It IS possible to set the dialog camera as you wish in certain quest cases.
Have to learn that - probably easier than adding a locator and make pchar turn to it.
In which dialog file can I find that example? :read

Another thing: I notice that the sidestep now is limited to a meter or two. The old case was very convenient
for exploring off pist areas far away. Is there any chance we can have a switch (for modders) to that.

Have to learn that - probably easier than adding a locator and make pchar turn to it.
This is what I've used:
Code:
        case "Captured_on_Oxbay5":
            locCameraRight(NPChar); // <-------------------------------------------------------
            Ship_Detonate(pchar, true, false);
            dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[220] + pchar.lastname + DLG_TEXT[221];
            Link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[222];
            Link.l1.go = "Captured_on_Oxbay6";
            RemoveCharacterEquip(pchar, BLADE_ITEM_TYPE);
            RemoveCharacterEquip(pchar, GUN_ITEM_TYPE);
            EnableEquip(pchar, BLADE_ITEM_TYPE, false);
            EnableEquip(pchar, GUN_ITEM_TYPE, false);
        break;
Another thing: I notice that the sidestep now is limited to a meter or two. The old case was very convenient
for exploring off pist areas far away. Is there any chance we can have a switch (for modders) to that.
Hmm, I'll see if I can remember to do that next time I do a WinMerge with WIP 12. Perhaps I can then speed up the sidestep too; if you just want to go place, then it is a rather slow method, isn't it?
I suppose the Free Camera mode isn't good enough? You need the actual coordinates. :facepalm

As a simple solution, have you tried increasing these InternalSettings values?
Code:
// Motion control
#define STRAIF_DIST                        1.0        // FLOAT - added by MAXIMUS for Corsairs-III models (useless description, isn't it)<==Maybe it so, but this float MUST be unalterable, so - no description needed (Maximus)
#define SIDESTEP_DIST                    0.05    // FLOAT - Off=0.0, distance traveled per step when sidestepping.
#define SIDESTEP_DELAY                    10        // INT - Default=100, time delay in milliseconds between sidesteps. 1000 / this * dist = rate per second
#define SIDESTEP_CHECK                    0        // BOOL - Off=0, Default=1, Prevent player from teleporting out of location via sidestep. DOESN'T WORK!

Is that good enough for you or does more need to be done on the sidestep?
One thing I thought of is having a different value for left and right sidestep. That way, you could quickly go near where you want to go by going left,
then fine-tune the position by going right. Would that help?

That STRAIF_DIST is used by CIII models only though. And now that the code is rewritten, it is much too large.
So that's why I removed that #define altogether and just made it use the SIDESTEP_DIST one. :facepalm

Hmm I got it in wip14. You mean you removed it after that?
If so can it be back, with a warning or something? :confused:

Indeed I removed it after that. That's why I asked if you'd prefer one value for left and one for right.
Then you wouldn't need to switch models to increase the sidestepping speed.

Indeed I removed it after that. That's why I asked if you'd prefer one value for left and one for right.
Yes please, I really would like that. :yes
It's getting difficult to work otherwise. :modding

I was wondering.... now that the worldmap has been completely rearranged, do your items_maps2.tga.tx and mapBB#.tga.tx files need updating?
They still use the old version.... :unsure

I was wondering.... now that the worldmap has been completely rearranged, do your items_maps2.tga.tx and mapBB#.tga.tx files need updating?
Indeed they do. I have thought about it but they're getting important
only in the next part of WoodesRogers so I let them be for now.
(Have not planned exactly where things going to happen yet)
:shrug

Back