• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Just plain/even/ smooth sea ?

priatnia

Lord of France
Banned
I have been trying the GOF and the combined mod for AoP 2. Last I had been playing AoP 1. And what I liked in it was that in the sea battles the ships were moving ON THE WAVES - that is one ship could go higher than another , even in very different dimensions, they fall in small voids/abysses in between waves, they go up and down so that one ship can be actually entirely above the other. I remember this very well.

Now with AoP2 and its mods, although it's probably the same game, it feels like Pirates of the Carribean ?! One even plain where all ships move almost without shaking and swinging. It is so dull that ..I even remebr Sea Dogs where the ships sailed upon the waves even in the harbour areas...And since Pirates of the Carribean that was gone. Came out nice in AoP1 now again gone...

Also I notice the icon for sea weather/not day time-the one left of it/ - is always showing calm sea on the map. How is that in never goes out of calm mode ? /There are storms true but who cares for them/

So is there a way to bring this feature back or to switch to it ? Cause I don't feel like playing Pirates of the Carribean again in AoP2 variant.

OK. So several people have asked me how its going with my water experiments, so I figured this would be as good a time as any to show some results. The following vid show the effects I've achieved by combining New Horizons and AOP:CT files, code and settings into COAS. These water effects will be found in my Era's mod. You'll notice the color improvements. You will still also get calm effects as well. It all depends on the weather, wind and time of day. The waves get even higher than this now.

Is this is what you were wanting priatnia? MK

Back