• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Kriswood's La Dilligente tartane

Well, I will make one more attempt and then just post what I end up with. This is an interesting ship that would make a nice addition to the fleet.

The Dilligente Tartane is on the FTP in my folder. It works fine in POTC except for a few minor problems. It has a huge bow wave, no crew, and the cannons do not work. I set it up as an armed tartane but it is not.

The cannons don't work??? :shock

Edit: I just checked her in the GM Viewer and... she doesn't have any cannon locators! No wonder the guns don't work! :facepalm

Buenos dias, all! Want to say "thanks" to all of you, for your beautifull models.

The cannons don't work??? :shock

Edit: I just checked her in the GM Viewer and... she doesn't have any cannon locators! No wonder the guns don't work! :facepalm

She have gun's locators, seek it at tartane1_guns.gm.

Sorry for my poor english, it's not my native language.

P.S. "Сухопутная крыса", something like that I expected :urgh

Turns out that while the v1.00 version DOES have some locators in the _guns.gm file, the v1.01 version has no locators there at all.

I just dl'ed V1 from Rider88s folder on the FTP. I hope this works because I have never made cannon locators and am not sure what is required. :8q

EDIT: The V1 guns do have locators. But copying them to the V1.01 guns won't work because of the "model could not be read" bug. Perhaps I could move them to the main GM. :nerbz

Whew! My aching eyes...........All of those tiny numbers are a bummer :j1 But the cannons now fire! I don't know what size they should be. The documentation calls for 12 pounders, but I settled on 9 pounders for now. I also increased the cargo capacity because she is so big.

I got caught in a storm and she handled it easily. I also noticed that the yards have the reverse lighting bug.

La Diligante is on the FTP in my "after patch 7" folder.

Thanks a lot! I'll put her in my game tomorrow. :dance

She, and the Raa frigate if finished, will need the Ship Screenshots mod to be updated once more before Beta 2 though... :wp

Is it just me or is this boat really very distinctly French with her stern decoration. Means we've got to use her as a nation-specific boat and not a generic one.

I've got her working in my game and the crew works too even! :dance
Because she has to be specifically French, I didn't see the point of having three of them. So I chose this one and named her FR_Dilligente:
FR_Dilligente.png

Armada, can you use the above screenshot for the Ship Interface Screenshots mod? Thanks a lot! :woot

Armada, can you use the above screenshot for the Ship Interface Screenshots mod? Thanks a lot! :woot
I suppose so. I'll need to add some more images for the repainted Bellona and Superbe anyway, so I'll add this one too. :onya

Cheers. Do you intend to have those repainted ships included in Beta 2?

At the moment, I'm compiling the first version of Beta 2 Full as a start to making an installer that works right.

Ideally, yes. I've already done all the HEX editing, and organised some of the textures used between Pgargon's ships.
I just need to sort out the interface screenshots and upload it all, along with the modified deck textures you asked me to do. ;)
Could you sort out the ships_init entries for them, once they're uploaded? Saves me uploading my version and you having to merge it with yours.

EDIT: actually, I'll need to do the entries to test the ships in the first place... brain not working today. xD:

Don't worry about the merging; I can sort that out, as long as you don't make any additional changes outside those entries. :doff

Beats me, actually. I ended up renaming the walk file you did to Dilligente_walk and after making all required adjustments, it just worked. :shrug

I looked again with fresh eyes and I see what happened. The first walk file was corrupted and would not work. So I made a new one with a different name and then forgot to update all of the walk files. :facepalm

Hello guys!

There is a bug with a tartane1_guns.gm from the 1.01 version. I don't know why but it became corrupted somehow. I can't even open it in TOOL and gm-viewer does not show any locators. It is strange because my 1.01 version of tartane works just fine. So I've uploaded a 1.02 version with 100% correct guns file (see the first post) and here is a separate fixed tartane1_guns.gm file.

As for scaling, everything is OK there. Tartane is a type of a vessel with two masts and lateen rigging, no metter what size and displacement she is. So this is just a BIG tartane and she is scaled right (I've used a COAS avatar character and several COAS ships for that purpose). Here is a screen from PotBS. You can compare the size of a crew to a size of a vessel and see that it is the same as in COAS:
La_dili.png

Thanks a lot for confirming, mate! :doff

We managed to get the cannons of La Dilligente working in PotC by using the locator file from the 1.00 release.

Her French fleur-de-lis stern decoration causes her to be limited to France only in the game.

Back