• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

L' Hermione Update, Anchored at La Rochelle!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
After a couple of days anchored off the Ile d'Aix, L' Hermione made her first trip under sail on Wednesday, September 10'th! She was under sail with 7 of her 17 sails set, and made an average speed of about 5 knots. I have not been able to find any pictures or videos of her under sail yet, but I will keep looking!

There have been a few technical glitches with L' Hermione though, I am not sure what the issues are, but she put in to the port of La Rochelle a day earlier than scheduled to work on them. She is currently anchored and will remain in port till Monday, the 15'th. They are not allowing access to the ship. It seems that there was also an incident or two with some tourists wanting to come aboard her while she was anchored off Ile d'Aix, but the crew repelled boarders successfully!

I have some more great news mates, not only is L' Hermione now underway on her own sail power, she will soon also have a gorgeous Stern Lantern to complete her authentic look! Thanks to all the people who donated to the KisskissBankbank fund raising drive, over 500 people donated and well over €48,000, €8000 more than the original goal!

While I still have no pictures or videos of her under sail that I have found, but here are a couple more good videos from September 7'th!

Attachments

• L_Hermione_2015.png
    L_Hermione_2015.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 33
They get more publicity than we do, if we can figure out how to get on national TV, our donations would soar too!

So not including television, how ARE we going to get publicity?
The HoO project is sure cool enough, but I do not think a lot of people are quite aware of it.

So not including television, how ARE we going to get publicity?
The HoO project is sure cool enough, but I do not think a lot of people are quite aware of it.
Not the right thread for this discussion. :wp

We need to get recognized as an Indie developer somehow, gonna have to work on that one!

Ok, back on topic! I found out why L' Hermione put in to La Rochelle a day early, one of her engine pods was malfunctioning and she was unable to steer with them. However, that did give them a chance to try out the sails, and they brought her in to port under sail power! Somehow, I fnd that very appropriate as they have always considered her engines as ballast! xD

She was originally schedualed to leave Monday, that is now in question and she may stay in port at La Rochelle for a while. The French article is HERE!

**EDIT**

First picture I have seen of L' Hermione under sail! :woot

https://twitter.com/LHERMIONE_SHIP/status/510058076721123328

Last edited:
Back