• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved La bella isabella

Mat

Landlubber
Hi there. I'm doing la Bella Isabella quest. I found her in San Juan spoke to her and nothing happens. Do you know what should I do next to find that treasure?

I got that quest too, but I got it from a pirates in bermudes.
here is a guide i got from the walkthroughs in the forum.
The story of Isabella:
1.Quest starts after talking with Attilla on Bermuda (do not use fast travel, just keep walking in settlement and you will find him sooner or later)
2.Go to San Juan, go to Isabella house, speak with her husband, speak with her, go to store, go to church, go to her home.
3.Go to Cumana. In tavern you will find captain of her's brother ship. Speak with him. (I do not remember, maybe you need to talk to tavern owner first)
4.Back to San Juan, speak with them. Rest until night. Go to her house, kill those guys(you may use officers). LOOT HER BROTHER's body. You will need those notes in point 8. Speak with Salvatore. Run from town. (you do not need to kill soldiers in house).
5. Bermuda, speak with tavern owner about Attillla. He will tell you, that Attilla bought house in the city, its next to tavern. Speak with your friend.
6. Go to Isabella house and kill everyone inside(I am not sure if you need to do this point, but I made it)
7. After two months meet again with Attilla(you have date in your logbook)
8. Save game and go to Portobelo. That was difficult for me, because brig had different name that the one Attila told me.. Anyway finally I just entered sea near Portobelo and boarded brig.
9. Go to Portobelo town and in one of houses prepare for battle. There are two guys, take good position to fight one by one, otherwise the second guy will be attacking you from behind..
10. Go to Belize, enter one of the houses and speak with Isabella cousin. Exit house, Isabella will speak with you.
11. Go to Bermuda again, speak with Atilla.
12. Go to Belize, speak with Isabella cousin. Before continuing sell/place in your ships chest all not needed staff, quite good loot awaits:) Go outside the city, then turn left and turn left. Enter the cave. (It is a cave with a ledder.) Find guy and kill him. Speak with Isabella and kill Salvatore.
13. After a month go to San Juan(I was on time, but I do not know, maybe you can be late). Speak with Isabella, sleep until morning, save before church. When bad guys enter you will need to block way to Isabella, otherwise they will kill her. Try to fight one by one. After fight speak with Isabella and then speak with Governorn. At least! You can go to bed.
14.(WARNING) Isabella will ask you to bring 20000plasters to home each month, I gave her 500000, so I hope I can forget about her for 2 years.. She will also ask you to stop being a pirate. I do not know if she checks it in anyway, cause I have just finished playing.
Good luck.

(WARNING) Isabella will ask you to bring 20000plasters to home each month, I gave her 500000, so I hope I can forget about her for 2 years.. She will also ask you to stop being a pirate. I do not know if she checks it in anyway, cause I have just finished playing.
Good luck.

Just so you know, she DOES check. You'll get the first warning (about sinking/boarding ships) fairly soon after the wedding if you carry on doing that sort of thing. But the second and third warning 'this is your second warning' and 'this is your last chance' respectively take a fairly long time to come around. Bear in mind the other big problem that will give you trouble with the end of this quest is time. If you visit her within 30 days of your last encounter she'll be happy as pie but if you leave it any longer than a month she'll say something along the lines of 'hello my husband who has been who knows where for x days' Best one I've got was about 80-90 days I think... Big trouble with this one though (as she'll always forgive you for extended absence) is that if you leave it too long, maybe 3+months, she'll lock the door on you. It actually updates your logbook when you walk up to the door telling you that you should vist cousin rosita or whatever her name was in Belize. Pay her a visit and she'll fix things for you so you can go back to her and the door will be open with no repurcussions. It's possible that this will only happen once however as since my first time (when I was in the COAS for months) I've never left her alone for that long since.

Something worth noting for this quest is that you can avoid the warnings about piracy by saving the game before talking to her as she decides whether to issue one the second you carry out the boarding/sinking but she doesn't choose whether to believe you're innocent until the conversation starts. Save the game and talk to her, if she believes you then keep on playing. If she doesn't believe you and issues a warning then reload ;)

The furthest I've taken this quest is that I got caught out again after my third and final warning. She goes totally off on one and says you broke the promise you made at the wedding and that it's over but the door stays unlocked and there are no quest updates. I'm of the opinion that the devs intended this quest to end in failure or there wouldn't be so many places to trip up but I'm yet to see any outcome that results in it entering the completed quests section of the logbook...

The furthest I've taken her is 2nd time 2nd warning. After 3rd warning she stops talking to you, for about 2 months I think, then she forgives you and make you promise again that you wont be a bad pirate :wp

Oh, and if you want quest to end, visit one of the brothels, doors will be locked, logbook update, and you have to go talk to the cousin in the Belize, where the cousin explains that she heard about your visit to the brothel and annulled the marriage (or something like that). After that quest ends.

I don't know if this works or not, but I think I remember her saying not to sink ships anymore. My guess would be that you could just sail around and when you get attacked, just grape the other ship until they have 20 or 30 crew left and then board them. They should automatically surrender, and as long as you don't kill the captain, they won't sink. I would have tried this, but the old save where I had this quest is completed is gone (I started over after CM v3.1.5). I also left her with about 1000000 piasters (pieces of eight) and brought her any jewelry I found off of ship captains/crew I had killed (oops) and she didn't seem to mind me sinking ships. She might also have been more inclined to believe me since my reputation stayed around hero the whole time. It might work for you too, but be careful just in case she finds out.

I'll ask here, so we don't have so many same threads.

Ok, I am lvl 30, and just now decided to do the Isabella quest.. Anyway, I go to San Juan, ask the priest about her and he answers that she indeed comes to the church. Anyway the walk through posted above says to go to her house, but it is locked at all times, so I am stuck..... What can I do?

Exactly how are you supposed to board the brig in Portobelo? I have a brig with excellent soldiers, plus Portobelo fort and two other spanish ships to help me out, and that darn brig seems to be undefeatable.

Have you tried knocking out its masts or sails first then bombard the ship with grape? Your rank and skills would also play a factor in the durability of the enemy ship I think.

LOL, yeah right @ the Walkthru: I can't even get into the town without getting my Ship waxed by the Fort/trying to sneak in: Guards spawn infinetly trying to wax me, so how the hell can you "find isabella house" if you can't even get in;
No matter if I sail under fake sails, or start a new Game under the Flag of any other Side than the Pirates, they just always say "PIRATE!" and attack the hell out of me.

Yeah I've been busy playing around, boarding ships, checking everything out, and started a new game saying "Let's play the Storyline!" and then (BANG!) I can't even make it further than to the city gates, then enter -> get destroyed by about 1 billion guards that just keep spawning -> quit the game.

So how do ya fool the guards to let you alone? And, oh yeah, there is plenty walkthrus out there, but they are all the exact same gibberish, "Go to San Juan, go to Isabella house, speak with her husband, speak with her, go to store, go to church, go to her home.", no offense, but that ain't telling anything, esp. when you're for some reason hostile to the spanish all the time :ugly:

Thx for replies.

LOL, yeah right @ the Walkthru: I can't even get into the town without getting my Ship waxed by the Fort/trying to sneak in: Guards spawn infinetly trying to wax me, so how the hell can you "find isabella house" if you can't even get in;
No matter if I sail under fake sails, or start a new Game under the Flag of any other Side than the Pirates, they just always say "PIRATE!" and attack the hell out of me.

Yeah I've been busy playing around, boarding ships, checking everything out, and started a new game saying "Let's play the Storyline!" and then (BANG!) I can't even make it further than to the city gates, then enter -> get destroyed by about 1 billion guards that just keep spawning -> quit the game.

So how do ya fool the guards to let you alone? And, oh yeah, there is plenty walkthrus out there, but they are all the exact same gibberish, "Go to San Juan, go to Isabella house, speak with her husband, speak with her, go to store, go to church, go to her home.", no offense, but that ain't telling anything, esp. when you're for some reason hostile to the spanish all the time :ugly:

Thx for replies.

The sneak system is quite complicated, but I'll try to be clear.

If you are waving pirate flag and try to dock in any port other than pirate port, you will be shot at and you're unable to dock anyway. Only way to get to a city waving a pirate flag is to make port at some beach and sneak in during the night, avoid getting caught and sleep till morning in the tavern. Same goes for hostile nation, for example if your english trying to get to a spanish port. If you get caught by the guards, they yell "pirate!" or "enemy spy!" depending on your flag/nation.

If you are waving a "fake flag", it's much simpler to make port at a hostile city, BUT it has quite steep requirements (without skillbooks) to be useful and you still have a risk of getting caught. With 50 points in sneak (easily doable with skill books) I've never been caught while making port (with a single ship). With 20 points in sneak, I got caught every time (I tested it, 12/12 times caught). In the city, I get caught constantly by the guards. If/when you get caught by some guard, while waving a fake flag, you have a chance of the guard letting you go saying something like: "I'm sorry sir/mynheer/senor/frenchie, I thought you were someone else."

In order to use this knowledge you do have to know the guard mechanics too. I'll try to be brief again.

There are daytime guards and night guards.

During the night all the guards are patrolling the city and they stop you 99% of the time if they see you. Waving the fake flag may save you sometimes, but usually they get all aggressive and hostile. You can't fast travel in hostile cities so getting to places has to be done manually. Daytime guards have 2 separate categories: Stationary guards and patrolling guards. Stationary guards at the city gate and at the dock stop you every time. Fake flag may save you. Stationary guards in front of the governors residence never stop you, you can't get caught by them unless you speak to them. Patrolling guards during the day occasionally stop you, higher sneak reduces the chance of being caught. It's wise to avoid contact and try to keep distance with the guards even during daytime.

There's also certain aggro mechanics with the cities which help play the game if you know how they work, but I'm derailing the thread too much already, so I hope this helps.

Keero

I'm just curious... Can you complete Isabella quest in "good way"? I don't want to visit brothel or sink 1000 ships, I just want to end it :D

I'm just curious... Can you complete Isabella quest in "good way"? I don't want to visit brothel or sink 1000 ships, I just want to end it :D

Quest will be closed if Isabella is killed ( not sure if this counts as a "good way" ) eg in the church.

You have to tell Atilla this & then Quest will close

So then what worth this quest at end lol - Atilla told about wealth enough to buy half Hispaniola, the governor's house include the governor himself in tow. At end must spend 20K money to her every month lol! Sound like the most regret 'to-do' interesting quest.

:keith

I guess a real freeman/hero that requires report to no one every month best avoid completing this quest. You can take it but let it incomplete. HaHa

This is a fun quest. That fight in the church is probably one of the most challenging fights in the game. Those guys are really tough.

The drawback to completing the quest is that you now have a wife - a very HIGH maintenance wife. To keep her happy you have to keep bringin her jewelry and such every month. If you don't check in with her every month she will leave you and go to Belize to stay with her sister. You can only sweet talk her back to you one time.

Also if you go to any brothel - she somehow knows about it. LOL I guess she has a private investigator following you. She will leave and go to her sister's in Belize. You cannot get her back then. She will not forgive you.

If you go pirating (to include legitimately sinking enemy ships) she will threaten to leave you. You can sweet talk her back each time with lots of jewelry gifts. However, too many infractions and she's off to Belize.

It's fun for awhile, but then it just gets to be a major pain in the butt. Kind of like real marriage I guess. Even though I'm not yet married. This quest makes me not want to for real. Maybe a girlfriend is much easier.

Back