• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Lack of activity on ModDB profiles

Armada

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Project Manager
3D Artist
Storm Modder
This is like déjà vu... only worse this time.

Gents, we have a problem. People are frequently commenting on our various ModDB profiles (mainly New Horizons, GOF and Hearts of Oak), BUT there is a disturbing lack of people from PA answering them.

At present, I seem to be the only one patrolling and answering comments on both the NH and Hearts of Oak profiles.
Particularly with NH, I'm often posed with questions I don't know the answer to, so all I can do is direct people to our FAQ and forums for help.
Worse still (and partly because I have no knowledge of GOF), none of our members have showed up on the GOF profile for a considerable amount of time, meaning there is now a large backlog of unanswered questions, which is still growing.

This has to stop. For one thing, I cannot keep running two profiles by myself. And whether GOF is being worked on or not, people still need support with the existing versions, so they can't be ignored forever.

As always, I understand if people have more pressing matters to deal with, but I really need some assistance here, so any help will be much appreciated.

I don't have the expertise to help with any of the mods for the most part, but I'll do my best with HoO.

I've created a moddb account and started answering basic questions regarding gof and install orders or troubleshootings. will help out all i can.

I know I haven't been keeping up with anything at all lately and haven't read most of the HoO stuff either.
Of course I've got an excuse though consisting of me having my head well into fires last week.
But things should go back to normal again now that I'm at home for the next month or so.

I must say I do really HATE the way the ModDB is set up with comments because you just don't know when new ones are posted.
Would be nice if we could get notifications on them so that we don't have to check every single page where comments could possibly be posted. :modding

Thank you all, I appreciate the help. :cheers

Of course I've got an excuse though consisting of me having my head well into fires last week.
But things should go back to normal again now that I'm at home for the next month or so.
Really? I didn't see that mentioned anywhere. :eek: I hope you're recovering OK.

Really? I didn't see that mentioned anywhere. :eek: I hope you're recovering OK.
LOL! I forgot to mention I was on an Advanced Fire Fighting course last week.
Not to worry though; while I did indeed have my head right in the flames, that was intentional and didn't do any harm as I was wearing a full fire-fighter's outfit with breathing air at the time.
This was sort-of what it looked like; but the flame was a fair bit bigger:
flashover.jpg

Well why didn't you say so? You made it sound like some nasty accident. :rolleyes:

And here I wuz thinking you were concerned about that cruise ship that had to be towed into port because of an engine room fire. :wp

I will make it a point to go to MODDB to answer GOF related questions once or more a week.

MK

Back