• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Lag during game on new system

A.H

Privateer
I thought getting a new computer would improve my gaming experience by a thousandfold.. unfortunately I just started as De Ruyter.. and things are worse than anytime before...
The lag is tremendous.. especially on sea battles it was very frustrating.

I took a governor quest to sink ship.. while i'm on sea.. my first 4 shots got me 2 levels lol
Then the enemy ship fired at me, and guess what.. level #3.
Then i took a passenger over to another port.. and I got another level...

Within my first 20 minutes I managed to gain 6 levels without doing anything (and bare in mind 20 minutes of a laggy game is equivalent to 10 minutes of normal gaming).

Quick save also takes time.. average 3 seconds while the screen freezes before I read the Game saved log.
Reloading is quite bad... takes an average of 25 seconds to reload / quick reload.

There also may be something with my Ruyter character.. I somehow killed all the guys in tavern brawl with one hit... then outside the city I was attacked and I killed the guy with 1 hit also.

Also there was a dialog error.. in french port I have the option to "leave services" when I talk to governor.. when I should only have this option to leave my LOM obligation to the dutch governor.

I could not take any photo.. it always appears like this:
12.jpg

Now there could be an issue with my laptop, and I half suspect that Windows 8.1 is behind all the crap i'm having. Even on the day I bought it, the system froze for 1 hour while I was installing updates.. until I figured out McAfee antivirus was the cause of it. Now it's removed along with Avast and other rubbish programs.. now system runs fine, but I also face lag problems with Mount & Blade (30-40 minutes into the game). And those microsoft idiots expect us to be thrilled for windows 10. :nogood

My system specs:
11.jpg

Another possible cause for these problems is HP laptops simply suck... it's been 6 years since I bought a laptop and I was expecting as of 2015 there would be something special out in the market.. turns out my theory is true.. humans are getting dumber by the minute. :woot

Attachments

• error.log
    6.5 KB · Views: 123
  • SAVE - Ruyter.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 115
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX graphics... that fellow at the store said this is the best laptop in his shop for gaming..

@A.H says: I could not take any photo.. it always appears like this.
Try to use F8, I use it and it work well for me.:drunk
PS. You need a TGA converter to. I use Easy2Convert TGA to JPG PRO 1.8.

Last edited:
Reactions: A.H
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX graphics... that fellow at the store said this is the best laptop in his shop for gaming..

Is it using the nvidia graphics or intel graphics?

The game is running better for me than it was.

I think i found where to change display.. CPU Vs GEFORCE for controlling my lag issue?

14.jpg

Potc doesn't use PhysX. Try the 3d setting and set it for the engine.exe

That looks like it might be the place. Also set your power profile to max performance or whatever it is called.

In your POTC profile set it for max AA and AF to see a huge improvement in image quality.

But doesn't image quality affect performance aka lag?
I somehow tried all 3 options, and lag is still existing :S

i will keep fiddling around till i hit the jack pot

On my system the video card settings have exactly zero effect, so I set them waay high. Try it both ways.

Back