• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Lag while sailing at coast

Blacksmith

Landlubber
Hi,

i have a problem with PotC New Horizons (build 14, 3.3).
I didn't have any probs till a few days ago.. without any reason the game starts lagging extremly when i am in the near of a coast of any island... it doesnt matter if its the port or just a cliff. Otherwise there are no other probs.

I have reinstalled the game and the mod and erased the options - file... nothing has worked... when i start a new game, i dont have that problem... but i don't wanna start a new game... i have played too long ;)

Is it possible to fix the problem?

Cheers

Let us clarify. When you are in the open sea there is no lag but when close to an island there is lag? :nerbz

The only time I see this is when there is a battle going on somewhere else, like in the harbor or on the other side of the island. For some reason that drops my frame rates right down. This is also accompanied by the infamous Graphic Anomalies and messages about ships surrendering or sinking.

Is it like that for you?

You can try the band-aid for Beta 3.5 that is attached to this post: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/modpack-performance-issues.24859/
We haven't yet been able to determine if this actually has any effect, though in theory it should.

In any case, you would be welcome to help us figure this one out.
If you want to, be sure to have a look through that entire thread as we've already done a lot of research, though definite answers remain elusive. :facepalm

I must have done something wrong...

i have extracted the

b13_b3-5_NoLag.zip

to the installation folder and replaced the files. When is start ENGINE.exe the Game crashes (i have added a screenshot)

When you can say that i have done something wrong i will try to reinstall the whole game and try again...

I have also added a srceenshot of my installation folder

Attachments

• Runtime Error.png
    Runtime Error.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 198
  • installation folder.png
    installation folder.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 221
Please post the contents of error.log; possible the file is again out-of-date because things have happened again since. :facepalm

Damn it i have already uninstalled it... because it didnt work although i have resetted the files.
When the new installation is ready i'll give it a new try

Now i have reinstalled the game and mod (not updated) so the graphig lags are still there, but i will post the error.log ... maybe it helps

Attachments

• error.log
    432 bytes · Views: 199
Not what I had expected to see. Odd.

Anyway, I'll probably be working on a new update for a while longer.
But once I get round to posting that, I'll see about updating the NoLag bandaid to match properly.

Hi,
if anyone still is interested in that thread, i think i now know WHERE the error is... but i don't know WHAT it is ;)

In the file AICannon.c

i have changed the following lines:

rCharacter.Ship.Cannons.FireAngMax = stf(rCannon.FireAngMax) * GetLocalShipAttrib(&arship, &rShip, "Cannons.Borts.cannonf.FireAngMax");
--> rCharacter.Ship.Cannons.FireAngMax = 1 * GetLocalShipAttrib(&arship, &rShip, "Cannons.Borts.cannonf.FireAngMax");

rCharacter.Ship.Cannons.FireAngMin = stf(rCannon.FireAngMin) * GetLocalShipAttrib(&arship, &rShip, "Cannons.Borts.cannonf.FireAngMin");
--> rCharacter.Ship.Cannons.FireAngMin = 1 * GetLocalShipAttrib(&arship, &rShip, "Cannons.Borts.cannonf.FireAngMin");

rCharacter.Ship.Cannons.SpeedV0 = stf(rCannon.SpeedV0) * Ball_SpeedV0 * AIShip_isPerksUse(rCharacter.TmpPerks.LongRangeShoot, 1.0, 1.15);
--> rCharacter.Ship.Cannons.SpeedV0 = 1 * Ball_SpeedV0 * AIShip_isPerksUse(rCharacter.TmpPerks.LongRangeShoot, 1.0, 1.15);

I still have errors like

RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\utilite.c; line: 169
missed attribute: type
RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\utilite.c; line: 169
no rAP data
RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\utilite.c; line: 172
missed attribute: caliber
RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\utilite.c; line: 172
no rAP data

but it works... except of i can't fire the cannons anymore ;)

I have installed the NoLag for 3.5 and edited some lines so it works.. but it didn't change the errors so is tried that.

I think there is a problem with some references. (I am a beginner with that mod, so be calm with me ;) )

If you have any ideas i am pleased to hear them ;)

Greetings

Last edited:
Back