• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Larger Size for "Cheap Compass"

Do you think the "Cheap Compass" size should be increased?

• Total voters
You read too much between the lines. I did not say I can not read that compass and in fact I can read it and prefer it sometimes over the radar screen. It gives a more natural feel to the game.
Have to try to figure out actions based on people's post, so very often that requires reading between the lines.
Thanks for clarifying though.

@Black Bart's size increase seems quite modest; so I included that in today's ZIP and hopefully people will be kind enough to mention if they don't like it now.

yeah getting the size/usability scale just right was a matter of testing various sizes. I found 120 way too large initially (and it placed your ammo right inside the compass which looked a bit odd), but 80 (which was added in recent years, it was not that small previously) was just not really that practical. Off course you can just buy/cheat a better compass, but the basic compass is a pretty classy looking device, and i prefer to have it functional as it once was :yes

Maybe 95 will be too big for some people, but this is an easy fix, just change 6 values and you can have it as you desire, but atleast it will be more functional in all cases and resolutions :)

Nobody commented on this after its inclusion, so I'm assuming this is OK now and nobody objects to the larger size.

Back