• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Latest rank showing in character screen instead of highest

Jonty

Ϯ ρiгaτϵ ϻaᴤτϵѓміпם Ϯ
I thought I'd attach a screenshot just for the sake of it, but I've got this probem where I'm stuck called a Capitodemareguera despite being promoted to Vice Admiral and then to Admiral with Britain after my promotion to Capitodemareguera. I've tried packing in serving Portugal, but I just end up being called a Senor and suddenly hostile with Portugal. You'd think they would be a bit more lenient with a high ranking officer wanting to take official leave. Is there any way to get the Admiral title to show in my character menu and not Capitodemareguera?

FIX: http://piratesahoy.net/threads/late...n-instead-of-highest.21835/page-2#post-477537

Attachments

• Capitodemareguera.png
    Capitodemareguera.png
    2 MB · Views: 187
Last edited by a moderator:
Good question. I have rank with the French and Spanish with the French being the higher rank, and yet I am shown with the Spanish rank.

I've never really looked at this system before with the ranking.
Can someone tell me when you get it and what it does and what is the problem exacty so I might be able to fix it.

What has happened is that the ranking system now shows your last promotion from ANY nation as your rank. So I am shown as a lowly Spanish cadet when I am a French Captain.

Ok, Will look into it. Who do you need to talk to to get promoted, a gouvenor right? Someone has a name for me?

Yes, promotions come from a Governor. These pics show the situation.

The first one shows my ranks of French Capitaine de Frigate, Spanish Alferez de Navio, and Dutch Letter of Marque.

The second one shows my rank as Dutch Mijnheer.
beta3 2014-03-04 08-05-43-00.jpg beta3 2014-03-04 08-06-05-62.jpg

I think that is because your title is set on each promotion. :shrug

I think that is because your title is set on each promotion. :shrug
There's probally only one variable for title while this should be an array for each nationality. but dunno how much this will f*ck things up. But probally a function has to be included to determine the highest title in the array and then everywhere where the varaible is called it should be changed to this function. Not that complicated but just need to make it. And ofcourse a function has to be made to set the right rank but thats also not that hard seeing the nationality is already in the character giving the rank so its also quite simple. Won't take long, just need to get my head around it and find the right places and get the time to do it.

The F2>Nation Relations screen DOES show your title for EACH nationality. However, the title used for addressing is reset upon each promotion.
Imagine though that it WOULD always show your highest title. When you'd be going through the ranks for your second nation,
the governor would keep referring to you by your rank from your first nation. That is why I think this is not a bug, but intentional.

So let me get this straight. What you would like to see is the best rank in the character screen?
I found out where it is controlled. Need to check the process now but doesn't seem that complicated. I think its a simple fix.

Consider my previous post though: That might not always make sense either, especially going through the ranks of a second nation later on.
I suppose there is no win-win situation here. Unless the function can be made to take the nationality of the person you're talking to into account.
So you talk to an English character, it'll return your English rank. Talk to a Dutch character, you get your Dutch rank.
If you don't have a rank with a nation, then it'll return your highest one. Doesn't get any simpler to code that way though, does it? :facepalm

Thats how its already coded. And I believe in dialogs it should be implemented that way. If it isn't already.

This is about the interface screen for the character. That one should just show the highest gained rank right .... or maybe we should make it so that it shows the rank of the flag you are flying?

If it is only for the F2>Character screen, indeed just make it the highest.
I'm inclined to say it is not quite worth making too much of an effort on this one. :shrug

Please try this file to see if it works.
Put it in:
..\PROGRAM\INTERFACE

if you get your highest rank in de character (f2) screen instead of your latest rank.
Also if people adress you well during conversations.

This is especially relevant if you have ranks from multiple nations, of course.

if you get your highest rank in de character (f2) screen instead of your latest rank.
This is especially relevant if you have ranks from multiple nations, of course.
  • Okay, well, of course we have the rank "Captain" at the beginning of a storyline: seadogs2_0000.jpg
  • Then I got to Vice Almirante with the spaniards but the name disappeared not even with then rank "Captain" seadogs2_0001.jpg seadogs2_0002.jpg
  • Then, I got to the highest rank with the Brits and still no rank name at the interface menu: seadogs2_0003.jpg seadogs2_0004.jpg :facepalm

Attachments

• compile.log
    32.5 KB · Views: 177
  • error.log
    2.7 KB · Views: 187
  • system.log
    12.9 KB · Views: 172
hmmm....it did work for me in a specific save but I was afraid it would error....Have to look into it a bit more...

With the locals: seadogs2_0009.jpg and I think the soldiers should address a higher ranked officer properly even if off duty: seadogs2_0010.jpg (My Rank: Almirante General)

Back