• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Leadership and fleet sizes

Does that also happen to you Levis? -the reverse button thingy?
I didn't notice it but I didn't pay much attention to it also ... Also I don't have the problem I can only assign the first mate.
You know for sure you other officers are capable of sailing the ship you want them to sail?

I just tried again. Once I assign the first mate as captain (By clicking "No") I can no longer switch it out for any other officers (They all have the ability to command the ship(A Tier 7 naval cutter)). I tried pressing f10 and switching instances and that didn't fix it.

Maybe it's because I'm using an old save? I don't If old saves would have an affect on this. Is there a debug mode I could use on a "new game" to test out stuff like this?

The savegame is no problem.
Here is a new version. For me this all seems to work.
The dialog didn't do a refresh so thats why it caused problems. it now refreshes the data and this seems to solve the problem.
Let me know if it causes more problems.

Thanks,

I just tried it again. Same problem with the previous save. Even with the reversed buttons.
I also tried a different save and in that save it flat out refused to let me assign any officer with leadership over 5 as a captain. It also didn't warn me that one of the officers didn't have the leadership to command one of the ships.

If it works for you then I guess I'm being silly and installed it wrong? I've just been renaming the "vanilla" file with .old as the extension and copying your file into the folder.

Sorry for being a nuisance :oops: and thanks for helping :D

Error.log:
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: utils.c; line: 536
Invalid string argument
I got this prob..when assigning an officer, it doesn't put the one I'm picking..
e.g. this one: I clicked Gibbs but Barbossa's the one being assigned..and so on.. seadogs2_0007.jpg seadogs2_0008.jpg
and isn't there a confirmation box("assign") when you're done assigning officers to a captured ship? seadogs2_0009.jpg

The bit you've circled in red is where it usually says "This officer can only command a ship up to class: X" for me. I don't remember there being a confirmation. I usually just X out of the transfer window.

I don't think that error log code is comming from this.
The error log refers to this piece of code:

Code:
// added 05-07-13 to ease in use in if() statements
bool HasSubStr(string basestr, string findstr)
{
    return findSubStr(basestr, findstr, 0) != -1;
}

The assign button doesn't appear as far as I know....

strange its assigning someone else ...
DavyJack could you check for me if you have the problem also without this fix? Cause I suspect the problem to be somewhere else also ....

Exiffa I don't know what is causing the problem for you. Do you have the most recent build of the POTC mod (from october 8)?
Do you have any other fixes installed?
Do you changed any options from default?

Build MOD 14 Beta 3 (October 8, 2013)
Also using the Corpse Mode 3 fix.
and of course I modify my options: Arcade Mode and some stuff in the game preferences
Tested it..and yup, I think its this one..assigned officers with my personal choice properly working w/o this fix. seadogs2_0000.jpg

EDIT: And about the error log, i think its the problem i posted in the Beta 3 progress thread :shrug

Nope. Problem's still there..I clicked at Sparrrow, Gibbs enters--seadogs2_0001.jpg

Attachments

• compile.log
    30.6 KB · Views: 173
  • error.log
    67 bytes · Views: 184
  • system.log
    4.5 KB · Views: 171
Still a no go for me. It won't let me change an officer unless it triggers the new prompt. And if i try to change them while at sea then it won't let me switch anyone that WILL trigger the prompt.

I'm using the oct 8th version. A bug just reset all my settings to default before i tried again so my settings are at default.

I got a error.log this time. I don't think it's related though.

Attachments

• error.log
    149 bytes · Views: 171
  • system.log
    27.7 KB · Views: 189
  • compile.log
    14.5 KB · Views: 156
Please check if this one does work davyjack.

Exiffa I only tried with boarding. You are talking about ship to ship transfer of passenger right? I will see if I can find out what is causing the problem for you but it sounds to me like there is something else wrong also.
Now I know the game sometimes is a bit weird with files. so could you please remove the .old files you made and place them in a other folder (like backup or something like that) and see what that does?

Now I know the game sometimes is a bit weird with files. so could you please remove the .old files you made and place them in a other folder (like backup or something like that) and see what that does?

I thought of this also. It didn't seem to matter if I moved the .old or not.

Ah, yes. Sorry, i've been talking about transferring this whole time. I'll go and try a boarding transfer now to test.

Attachments

• compile.log
    31.5 KB · Views: 175
  • error.log
    67 bytes · Views: 177
  • system.log
    6 KB · Views: 176
You did got a prompt right davyjack? try this one please.

Ok, I just tried boarding and taking a ship.

If I assign my first mate (Leadership 7) as the captain then it will assign a different officer, like what is happening with DavyJack.

If I assign gunner (leadership 1) It lets me assign him and it does't warn me that he can't sail the ship i'm assigning him to effectively. If if then try to change the gunner to another officer it will work fine UNLESS i try to assign my first mate (Leadership 7) or my master-at-arms (Leadership 5). Then it doesn't work at all.

What happens above is the same as when I try to transfer ships at sea. If it transfer on land then it's the same as what's happening in previous posts.

hmmm....I will look at this again .... thanks for the information ... I will see what I can do.
I don't understand it tough cause I haven't changed anything in the other check but it seems that one is also bugging :S.

As far as I can see this one should work. It only gives a pop up when you have only 1 passenger and you want to switch a captain and your skill is not high enough. I will see if I can fix that later. but that isn't such a problem I think.
Besides that it should work now.
Please test tough. The code is doing some very "dark magic" kinda stuff so I might have overlooked something (like I did before :ninja)

Please look here:
http://piratesahoy.net/threads/leadership-and-fleet-sizes.21173/page-3#post-464805

Last edited:
Back