• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feature Request Leadership gain for "Bad" character

But really.... there's enough real style evil in the real world. Don't need it in a make-belief world too. ;)

My point is, we already have terrible, dark evil in this game--pirating. A player character who slaughters thousands of people to gain wealth is as evil as they come, no less than someone who murders a child.

What matters is that the evil works in the context of what the game is exploring. This is a game about pirating, so pirating evil works. CK2 is a game about manipulation and murder in medieval courts, so associated kinds of evil including killing children work there, while they would be extremely out of place here.

In other words, the kind of evil that works in a game is not about how evil the action is, but how it fits into what the specific game is exploring.

Cheers Gentlemen!

- Making it harder to become AND stay evil (or good!)
- Having Fame scaled by your reputation

That woudl be great and also very logical. For example a dreaded pirate who since some time no one has heard of will become less dreaded. I really like this idea.

Those are supposed to be small outposts, not full size towns. This is why they don't have the facilities of full towns.

I understand your argument, but I disagree. Even an outpost must be of any use, else it will not be played. And a location no player goes to because nothing can be done there is simply useless. Also, it would enlarge a pirates range. Actually, we only have Nevis, Tortuga and Grand Turk as real pirate towns. All of them located in the north east of the caribbean. There is no such port in the west and south at all. Such a port in the far west - be it Cuba or whatever, or on one of the dutch islands - would change this. Of course this argument is more true for direct sailers like me. For us direct sailors, voyages between islands take hours rather than minutes, which may be the reason why no one else is complaining about it
:aar

I like the idea of Fame and Reputation going down when you stop doing things again.
Only way to do that is to apply the "Morale" trick to Reputation so that it slowly nudges back to a "default" value of some kind.
And then apply Reputation as a scalar on Fame. Doesn't have to be a straight scalar though; could also be 50% fixed and only 50% scaled.
Then at least you won't go all the way back to "Unknown" if you let your reputation drop back to "Neutral".

But anyway, for the past year, this has just been an idea in my head. Good chance it will stay that way for a while longer.
If I do get the chance to implement it some time though, it is for sure open for changes depending on how it actually works out.
Because I honestly have no clue. I just think it is an intriguing idea. :cheeky

I am looking forward to it mate! :pirates

Back