• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Levelling: Missing Ships and Crashes on Encounter Reload from Worldmap to Sea

Posts with attempted fixes for testing moved to this thread.
Apparently yesterday I put them in completely the wrong spot.
That's what I get for doing these things while being so tired....

That version actually reverts a lot of code back to 17 Oct 2015 state.
Attached one DOES have all the latest fixes and only reverts the intended code back to pre-17 Oct 2015 state.
So you've got two options to try. I'm inclined to recommend this one for now...
Has anyone been trying the version posted above yet? I'd quite like to know if I'm on the right track with this one.

@Pieter Boelen Yes I have no lag, or crashes on a second French merchant fleet encounter, however my game crashed when I talked to a captain in his cabin who surrendered, attaching the error, compile and system.log incase it is related.
So with "b14_b4_wip22Oct2015_v2.zip", you do NOT have the huge evil "no encounters/CTD" problems anymore?
I'd consider that a step forward!

Definitely some Levelling-related error logs though; that will require further looking into....

Yes i used: b14_b4_wip22Oct2015_v2 No extreme lag, or empty encounters, or when I attacked a merchant fleet no, looks like its fixed.

Yes i used: b14_b4_wip22Oct2015_v2 No extreme lag, or empty encounters, or when I attacked a merchant fleet no, looks like its fixed.
Just Levelling-related errors and still the "equipping" problem, right? The search continues....

Yes! I am more than halfway through the main storyline and I notice nothing seriously wrong.
Its running fine.
Have you been getting any scary error.log files at all?
In any case, this does at least seem more playable than the last version, so I took the opportunity to make a new EXE with ALL the new stuff included.
It may have some rough edges we didn't have a while ago, but hopefully it is at least not completely broken this time.

This particular issue I am calling FIXED! :whipa

This new EXE gives my a runtime error!
Do you have .log files? And also upload the contents of your PROGRAM folder if you can (you can leave out the Storylines and DIALOGS if the file becomes too big).
There have been so many changes lately and I never actually installed all of them myself, so it is a bit hard to ensure compatibility...

Do you have .log files? And also upload the contents of your PROGRAM folder
Here you have them. The program folder is to big so I make a new whitout storylines and dialogs.

Attachments

• error.zip
    192 bytes · Views: 146
Here you have them. The program folder is to big so I make a new whitout storylines and dialogs.
Don't bother. You got an error that I already managed to reproduce on my side.
EXE replaced with a fixed version. This one SHOULD work and also clears out the non-unused "Buildings" folder altogether.
Thanks for catching! :cheers

Game crashed for the third time, when attacking a French merchant fleet, already tried deleted the options file no change, I'll try a earlier save.
No error log.

Update: Tried an earlier save everything works fine for now.

Attachments

• compile.log
    2.9 KB · Views: 145
  • system.log
    430 bytes · Views: 148
Last edited:
Game crashed for the third time, when attacking a French merchant fleet, already tried deleted the options file no change, I'll try a earlier save.
No error log.
CTD from merchant fleet? Again? Seriously???
Code:
SEA: added ships
^ That does look like the compile.log that you got before.

Do worldmap encounters still have ships in them? :shock

Getting empty encounters again, and crashes when attacking a merchant fleet, using a previous save fixes it though.

Attachments

• Crash.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 152
Oh good God, is there no end to this crap?
Code:
SEA: SeaLogin end
Sea_FirstInit
FLAGS: The 'Greyhound' has spotted us at 281.83 and will remember us as personal with visibility=375.
FLAGS: The 'Resource' has spotted us at 334.15 and will remember us as personal with visibility=375.
Sea_FirstInit done
That looks different from the problem you guys were having before.

Do you have a savegame where you can consistently reproduce the problem? :modding :modding :modding

@Pieter Boelen May 17th Open sea there is a battle between a English fleet and a French fleet if I join the battle there is only a English fleet no french.
I'll try to reproduce a crash when attacking a merchant fleet and post the save here.

Update: Saw a French fleet on the worldmap sailed to it saved my game, attacked it it said that is was a "Group of merchant flying the French flag, should we engage?" clicked "Yes" immediately a crash uploading the save and crash files.
The fleet is near Jamaica on the world map I sailed behind them.

Attachments

• May 17th.zip
    747 KB · Views: 137
  • OpenSeaMay31th.zip
    749.9 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Back