• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

High Priority Levelling: Some Captains Not Correctly Initialized until Too Late

Months ago? That's scary long.

There is still a Beta 3.5 WIP version available.
Maybe someone should try that one to check if it was affected by this problem or not.

I am running into this problem also methinks. The Captain who surrendered to me and I then hired became Horror of the High Seas but has advanced to Bloody Terror.

That is not the problem for me though. First when I hired Marc Blaque he lost everything including his name. So I didn't hire Blaque. Just now in the Peter Blood side quest I hired TXiki Pechuan and as long as he was a passenger all was well, but when I made him one of my shore party officer so I could equip him even though I chose another officer for him to replace he replaced that captain who then lost everything including his picture again.

So the problem seems to be with the surrendered captain.

Based on me being apparently unable to replicate the Awaiting Info - Marc Blaque problem | PiratesAhoy! , I have become even less sure of what is going on with these recent scary issues.
For all I know, it could be due to "reusing old savegames" which aren't 100% compatible anymore.
Or maybe because of problems that are already fixed with the very latest modpack update that I'll post tomorrow.

So to ensure I don't waste my time and effort, I think we should see what happens on this issue after the next update has been posted.
That one will enforce a new game as well, which should make sure that whatever issues are encountered are real ones that I should be able to reproduce as well.

Does that sound sensible?

Based on me being apparently unable to replicate the Awaiting Info - Marc Blaque problem | PiratesAhoy! , I have become even less sure of what is going on with these recent scary issues.
For all I know, it could be due to "reusing old savegames" which aren't 100% compatible anymore.
Or maybe because of problems that are already fixed with the very latest modpack update that I'll post tomorrow.

So to ensure I don't waste my time and effort, I think we should see what happens on this issue after the next update has been posted.
That one will enforce a new game as well, which should make sure that whatever issues are encountered are real ones that I should be able to reproduce as well.

Does that sound sensible?

would need to look into it ... for now the only thing I can think off is that the captain for some reason gets his attributes removed...

would need to look into it ... for now the only thing I can think off is that the captain for some reason gets his attributes removed...
When you hire an enemy captain as officer, a copy is made of the original captain and you never actually get the REAL enemy captain as your officer.
You don't notice that in the game at all, but could that in combination with the Levelling PostInit process have unintended side-effects?
For example: Could it be that the new-copied captain hasn't been through PostInit right after the battle?

When you hire an enemy captain as officer, a copy is made of the original captain and you never actually get the REAL enemy captain as your officer.
You don't notice that in the game at all, but could that in combination with the Levelling PostInit process have unintended side-effects?
For example: Could it be that the new-copied captain hasn't been through PostInit right after the battle?
it could very well be some things aren't copied right. still I don't see why it should lower the reputation because as far as I know, no reputation is being calculated in the leveling stuff.
Do you know where the copying happens?

I have just experienced this. Off the coast of Martinique, captured the Maurder after inflicting heavy damage including taking down her top mast. After capture she had max hp and sails despite the fact that when you look at her the mast is clearly missing.

Attached save game and compile log

Attachments

• -=Player=- Open Sea June 24th, 1708.rar
    603.1 KB · Views: 200
  • compile.log
    1.9 KB · Views: 180
This Problem is still there right?

Ships still sometimes show no damage on the capture screen.
I'm afraid we haven't actually looked into that one yet. I was rather hoping it would get auto-fixed by some of those other fixes we did.
That particular issue is a REALLY obnoxious one, because "apparently it has been in the game for a long time",
but nobody reported it and now we have absolutely NO clue what it could possibly be related to. :modding

Back