• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Levis' Stuff [October 7th (v2)]

I'm to lazy to add this to the archive now because later today another version will probably appear which also fixes the salary. but I don't have time now anymore and what this to get out asap so people can test it:
Needs Testing - Skills: Ranks and Skills for Quest Characters | PiratesAhoy!
Fixes
- Some bonus chances for nations
- Questschars now also obbey the leveling rules. but only theire rank is changed. they keep theire original setup altough they do get new perks depending on theire officertype and skills
- Errors shouldn't appear anymore after a questreload
- officers should get more XP

Okay officerprices are now based on theire officertype (mostly captains get a raise), there overal level and the level of the skills they contribute.
Each time XP is added the system checks if there should be an increase in the officerpay and adds this.
So if could for example be you where a boatswain before who got a pay of 500 a month because of your skills.
You are now changed to a navigator and you should actually get 300 because your skills are lower. But now you level a skill in there so the next price would be 320. The difference in these two prices is now added to the already established price of 500 so it becomes 520.
This is because I tought the price shouldn't drop. There is one occasion where this can happen. It's when you remove someone as a captain.
When you assign a officer as captain the old price is stored. this one is also updated when needed. When he is removed as captain this price is put back. this is to prevent exploids or having a large increase in price when someone is put on and off as captain.

Please let me know if these prices make any sense and feel right.

@Levis is your stuff save game compatible or do they require new game?
There have been so many changes to init files and base-game things that I'm afraid I have to enforce a new game once more on the new EXE.
Should be worth it though. The Bug Tracker is getting emptier and emptier! :cheeky

But you may admittedly want to hold off until you've sorted out that Maximus and Philippe quest issue you were working on. :doff

Does anyone still have the PREVIOUS Levis fixes archive?
It seems that the latest one contains some changes that don't quite work right yet,
so unless @Levis manages to fix them tonight, it would be nice to revert the related code to its previous state.

The best I can do is that I have the 5th November installer, which presumably contains all the fixes from @Levis up to that date.

The best I can do is that I have the 5th November installer, which presumably contains all the fixes from @Levis up to that date.
If you can upload that one to the FTP, I'd also appreciate it.
I'm not entirely sure if I still have that one myself as I end up not archiving everything because that is just too much.
There were some important fixes by Levis made after the 5 Nov version, but it is a start at least. :doff

You should now be able to find it at the top level of "potc", along with the Beta 3 installer and full.7z files. (I didn't put those there!)

The only ones I have got are these - if they are of any help.

They seem to contain more than just smuggling stuff. :napoleon

:drunk

Attachments

• SMUGGLING_FIX_3.zip
    677.8 KB · Views: 111
  • SMUGGLING_FIX_4.zip
    678.5 KB · Views: 157
  • SMUGGLING_FIX_5.zip
    678.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I still have a few installers left older than 5 nov.
Thanks; please keep those safe for now!
At the moment I'm pretty sure that the main new issues were introduced last week, probably in the new files from this Saturday.

First post updated. Hopefully it fixes the problems people where having.

I tested for about 5 minutes and have been unable to confirm the worst issues that people have been reporting lately.
But I did get a bunch of other issues instead, mainly related to game performance.
And of course my testing was only EXTREMELY limited.

It is definitely feeling like for every step forward, we end up taking two steps back.
That is two steps in the wrong direction!! :whipa

EDIT: After testing without the "power save settings" enabled on my laptop, it seems much better now.
I was not able to replicate the bad new problems people have been reporting.

It does seem that you SHOULD start a New Game with these latest fixes though!

Last edited:
I'm writing this code from the top of my head but executing this trough the console should also make it work on existing savegames:

Code:
for (int i = 0; i < MAX_CHARACTERS; i++)
    {
        ref chr = &Characters[i];
        DeleteAttribute(chr,"completeinit");
    }

Uploaded a new file in the first post.
Fixed some more issues. Some files might be in there while they are not changed but I didn't know for sure anymore and windows said they where.

Had a little time left.
This file should improve loading times again. I would like some feedback on it so could you include it in the installer @Pieter Boelen ?

Attachments

• Leveling.c
    57.4 KB · Views: 105
Had a little time left.
This file should improve loading times again. I would like some feedback on it so could you include it in the installer @Pieter Boelen ?
Plenty errors while testing Jason's savegame and having an epic fight:
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Leveling.c; line: 751
uninitialized aref
null ap
no rAP data
uninitialized aref
null ap

Plenty errors while testing Jason's savegame and having an epic fight:
Code:
uninitialized aref
null ap
no rAP data
uninitialized aref
null ap
hmm....didn't get those.
But nevermind then. I will look into it more later.

Back