• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Levis' Stuff [October 7th (v2)]

hmm....didn't get those.
But nevermind then. I will look into it more later.
It may be due to savegame incompatibility with Jason's file I was using. But I do not know that for sure at all.

After installing the last levering Zip, I have very long loading time.
ended up with going stuck in the last loading scene.

Attachments

• error.log
    150 KB · Views: 112
  • compile.log
    34.5 KB · Views: 113
  • system.log
    15.4 KB · Views: 124
After installing the last levering Zip, I have very long loading time.
ended up with going stuck in the last loading scene.
Did you install that extra fix above? I got those same error.log messages with that one.

Updated first post. Lot's of fixes! Please test if the files are working for you!

Updated first post. Lot's of fixes! Please test if the files are working for you!
So this one I CAN include in my game then, right? :woot

And some quick comments based on the opening post list:

Added new perk to decrease chance of false flag being spotted
Are we sure that is needed? We haven't had any feedback suggesting that your flag is recognized too easily.
In fact, there is every chance that will need to be changed once fame works differently.

Ship interface now shows color if skill is increased or decreased by modifiers
What about the Passengers and Assign Officers to Ship interfaces?
Those would probably be the more interesting ones, because you can't really do anything with the skills in the Ship Interface, but you can in those other two.

Enc_Walkers might have some special officertypes you won't encounter in taverns etc.
Interesting! So they are treated different from character init file citizens then?

Added collission detection again to see if weird errors pop up again
One weird error I can think of by the top of my head: You won't be able to "kill" the windmill anymore, since you can't reach the invisible lizard that owns it!

Did you ever figure out the "weird floating" that occurred with that one enabled?

On a related subject, should I attempt to add your earlier changes to the initialization code as well?
All potentially a bit risky, of course.... :oops:

So this one I CAN include in my game then, right? :woot
Yup

Are we sure that is needed? We haven't had any feedback suggesting that your flag is recognized too easily.
In fact, there is every chance that will need to be changed once fame works differently.
Yes, because I want to use it for other stuff too, and it makes people more aware of the functionality. It can be changed very easy, its just one line of code in a function.

What about the Passengers and Assign Officers to Ship interfaces?
Those would probably be the more interesting ones, because you can't really do anything with the skills in the Ship Interface, but you can in those other two.
Haven't had time for those. They are on my list for next week.

Interesting! So they are treated different from character init file citizens then?
There are some new random NPC types like Sailor etc. Enc Walkers can have these. In the past when you tried to hire them they would be completly reinitilized to be a useable officer. But because every officertype now works this isn't needed anymore. You can hire them if they give you the option so you could for example have a "Sailor" as officer. You can assign him to a different post and then he will stay that and you wont be able to put him back in the old post. But some of these new officer types have some nice advantages so if you are willing to look for them it could reward you :). This will be explained in the officertutorial.

One weird error I can think of by the top of my head: You won't be able to "kill" the windmill anymore, since you can't reach the invisible lizard that owns it!
I see no problem here ;).

Did you ever figure out the "weird floating" that occurred with that one enabled?
I think I know what causes it, I don't know how much I can do about it. Still planning on looking into it. For the public release I want to disable it altough we might be able to set it up like the intelfix. So if a textfile is present in your potc folder it will work, so during installation you can opt to install the Experimental collission detection.

On a related subject, should I attempt to add your earlier changes to the initialization code as well?
All potentially a bit risky, of course.... :oops:
Nope, I will add them once I've double checked them.

@Levis: I'm getting some odd effects now that I installed your new system.
I am admittedly abusing the game code a bit for quick testing purposes on a new Hornblower game with these console commands:
Code:
  LAi_SetImmortal(pchar, true);
   LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Thomas Wolfe"));
   LAi_ActorFollowEverywhere(CharacterFromID("Thomas Wolfe"), "", 0.0);
   AddPassenger(Pchar, characterFromID("Richard Sharpe"), 0);
   SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 1, getCharacterIndex("Richard Sharpe"));
   LAi_SetOfficerType(characterFromID("Richard Sharpe"));
   AddPassenger(Pchar, characterFromID("Patrick Harper"), 0);
   AddPassenger(Pchar, characterFromID("Rifleman Haggman"), 0);
   DoQuestReloadToLocation("Hispaniola_shore_01", "reload", "reload1" ,"Hispaniola_shore_for_Quelp");
When I press F12 right after the game loads, I get a LOT of "Level-Up" notifications for some of those officers of mine.
And then in the fight that follows shortly after, something similar happens.
Does that sound about right to you???

Need to test that myself, only after a character is fully initialized it will show the level up notifications

Updated the first post. This should fix some of the problems.
Still known issues:
Code:
- There is a possebility of the event calls erroring because the character doesn't exist (anymore). Working on a fix for that
- When saving during post-init sometimes the screenshot doesn't show during the saving process but it will show when trying the load the game afterwards

W
Because keeping all kinds of different zipfiles up to date I will just collect all the stuff I make here each time.
After each update of the Installer or something like that I will update this again so it only contains new stuff.
Here is a list of what is now included in the zip:
Code:
- fix in character screen where player salary was displayed
- fix for non-auto level assigned skillpoints didn't stay
- saving during post-init should work again
- attempted fix for to high officerprices
- attempted fix for boarding crew not getting the gun perks soon enough
- fix for negative character levels

Officerprices only work when starting a new game or using the code provided here:
Mod Release - Levis' Stuff [Nov 27] | Page 8 | PiratesAhoy!

Sugestions are welcome but I wont always listen to them ;).

Working nicely!

First post updated again with more fixes. I hope t post another one later today!

From the INTERFACE\officer.c file:
Code:
void InitInterface_R(string iniName,ref pCharacter)
{
   pCharacter.chr_ai.poison = 150;
@Levis, is that intentional or a left-over from testing?
For now, I'll err on the side of caution and not include that line....

From the INTERFACE\officer.c file:
Code:
void InitInterface_R(string iniName,ref pCharacter)
{
   pCharacter.chr_ai.poison = 150;
@Levis, is that intentional or a left-over from testing?
For now, I'll err on the side of caution and not include that line....
Oops, it's from testing XD.

Fixed in the files in the firstpost now

Back