• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Levis' Stuff [October 7th (v2)]

New zip in the first post. Expect some more things tomorrow.
I will probably try to compile it all in the zip in the first post of 3.5, this one should work with the newest zip avaible atm.

Haters gonna Hate :aar prepare to be busted by the coastguard a lot more if you don't pay attention to the patrol schedules :read.
The coastguard can show up at any moment now, so even before you talked to the smugglers.

Edit: Just tought up a exploid already, will fix that after I had some sleep, let's see if someone can find it in the meantime ;). If not this is it:
When entering the beach you can exit it again and then go back. This will make the coastguard not find you anymore.

Even before talking to the smugglers? You mean if you've set up a meeting with them, but just entered the shore location and haven't talked to them yet?

New zip in the first post again.
Fixed the bug I was talking about earlier and some other stuff.

I see there is a lot of code now in place for the feature to send an officer to scout ahead for your smuggling run. Is that now operational or still to be completed?

Another thought: Now that there are so many times to find out a good time for smuggling, perhaps the various methods need to have a risk to them as well:

- Sending an officer has the risk of losing that officer, so that makes sense. The officer should then be removed as Passenger too, so you can't get him/her back through clever use of the interfaces.

- Looting the schedule from a dead soldier is also covered as you first need to survive that.
Question though: Is it now possible to not be intercepted by the coastguard ashore, but be attacked at sea instead?
If that is the case, do you also get the patrol schedule or do you "need to hope to be caught early"?

- Asking the soldiers in the tavern should perhaps be a risky business, though. After all, surely they're not ALL willing to spill the beans instead of taking you into custody?
So perhaps a Luck-based and/or Reputation-based chance that the soldier will not tell you at all and/or you get into a fight with the tavern soldiers because you're asking for confidential information?

Fixed the bug I was talking about earlier and some other stuff.
Which bug was that again? Can't remember now. :facepalm

Sending an officer works completely and the risk is there already.
will look more into the guard but there is something in place already with the bribe. It depends on some stuff I believe

Levis: I just tried your Ayahuasca .Thats a nice idea and it works fine to.:yes

Uploaded a new version which should fix a lot of stuff. I've uploaded it seperatly from the main build because I wont be able to mod anything untill next sunday, so incase I've broken anything it's easier to revert to an earlier build.

Uploaded a new version which should fix a lot of stuff. I've uploaded it seperatly from the main build because I wont be able to mod anything untill next sunday, so incase I've broken anything it's easier to revert to an earlier build.
Thanks a lot for your hard work! :cheers

First post changed, added a file which should fix some bugs.

@Levis

Question:- In your latest fixes file - Smuggling.c is in the PROGRAM / QUESTS folder & in the PROGRAM folder o_O

In my Game that file is in the PROGRAM folder only

Is this an error ? - which is correct place for the file.

:drunk

Its an error, it should only be in the program folder.

@Levis , I found something weird after installing your latest stuff:

Bug con Levis Stuff 7.jpg

Do you have any clue what is this about?

I tought i removed that debug line... Let me check.

New zip in first post. Could you take a look also @Pieter Boelen ?

Now I'm going to try to fix some of the problems with smuggling and the shipyard interface and hopefully I'm able to finish the officer tutorial.
Most of the leveling bugs should be fixed now.

Back