• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Levis' Stuff [October 7th (v2)]

I've updated the spoiler tag in the first post to contain all information about the apothecary quest again.

First post is updated to include new fixes. These can be installed on top of a clean 4.1 install.
I will try to make a zipfile with all fixes later today.

Levis, is this fully compatible with current saved games? Just want to make sure I don't need to maintain two installs, one for testing and one for continuing current campaign.

Any special instructions for pressing F11, or I can just do it anywhere? I have never used that function before outside of when testing the skill item boosts, so I want to make sure it won't mess with current quests or situations or anything.

Sorry for the basic questions, still trying to learn how everything works. ;)

Levis, is this fully compatible with current saved games? Just want to make sure I don't need to maintain two installs, one for testing and one for continuing current campaign.

Any special instructions for pressing F11, or I can just do it anywhere? I have never used that function before outside of when testing the skill item boosts, so I want to make sure it won't mess with current quests or situations or anything.

Sorry for the basic questions, still trying to learn how everything works. ;)
fully compatible yes. Just press F11 when you load the savegame. It only has to be done once.
Do mind if you open an older savegame you need to do it again ofcourse ;).

F11 updates some of the stuff which is loaded in memory.

feedback on the tradebook addon is welcome :).

Do 1 smuggle job and ask the smuggler for information about the patrols. They must like you enough (if you start as smuggler they will like you enough already), if they do they will give it and it shows in the tradebook.
let me know what you guys think of it.

feedback on the tradebook addon is welcome :).

Do 1 smuggle job and ask the smuggler for information about the patrols. They must like you enough (if you start as smuggler they will like you enough already), if they do they will give it and it shows in the tradebook.
let me know what you guys think of it.
Sir Yes Sir!!!:bonaparte

:sparrow

rpg_bufs.png

@Jack Rackham , @Grey Roger , @Tingyun and @Pieter Boelen please look in the poiler tag and let me know if you are missing something.
Other people can ofcourse also look in it if they want :).

From the file itself:
void AddBuffToCharacter(ref rChar, string description, string type, string arg1, string arg2, int arg3, int arg4, float arg5, float arg6, string expire, string exp_arg1, int exp_arg2)
{
// This function will add a (de)buff to a character. The description will be shown in the character interface to communicate the buff to the player.
// There are several types of (de)buffs which can be set. Behind the type it will say the arguments which are needed.
// type = "skill" , if the type is skill a charmod will be set for the character to change this skill. arg1 = skillname, arg2 = description, arg3 = offset
// type = "attribute" , if the type is set to attribute it will set an attribute for this character. arg1 = attributename, arg2 = value
// type = "counter" , if the type is set to counter it will add a value to a attribute or set the attribute. arg1 = attributename, arg5 = value
// type = "hp" , if the type is set to HP it will change the maxhp with the value given. arg1 = ID, arg2 = description, arg3 = changevalue
//
// The expire type determines when the (de)buff will stop working. The expire type can have arguments aswell.
// expire = "days" , if the expire is set to days it will remove the effect after X amount of days. exp_arg2 = amount of days
// expire = "exitfromlocation", if exitfromlocation is set it will remove the effect once the player leaves set location. exp_arg1 = location
// expire = "permanent", (default) if the expire it set to permenent it wont be removed unless it's done manually.

You've also got the opertunity to group buffs together with 1 description.
here is a example used for vegetal:
Code:
StartGroupAddBuffToCharacter(chref, "", "Vegetal effects (fencing/defence +2 hp +100) till next area");
        AddBuffToCharacter(chref, "Vegetal", "skill", SKILL_FENCING, "Boosted fighting ability by vegetal", 2, 0, 0.0, 0.0, "exitfromlocation", pchar.location, 0);
        AddBuffToCharacter(chref, "Vegetal", "skill", SKILL_DEFENCE, "Boosted fighting ability by vegetal", 2, 0, 0.0, 0.0, "exitfromlocation", pchar.location, 0);
        AddBuffToCharacter(pchar, "Vegetal", "hp", "Vegetal", "Vegetal Effects", 100, 0, 0.0, 0.0, "exitfromlocation", pchar.location, 0);
        AddBuffToCharacter(pchar, "Vegetal", "counter", "quest.vegetal_effect.active", "", 0, 0, 1.0, 0.0, "exitfromlocation", pchar.location, 0);
    StopGroupAddBuffToCharacter(chref);
This will add all buffs for vegetal in 1 grouped things in the interface (changed the description slightly since the sceenshot). You can also use the second argument to have it set to a group you define, say you want to add stuff later to this again you can group it with a specified ID.

Download the zipfile in the first post to get this also.

Only that the miniportrait of de Ruyter looks wrong. Maybe a better one was never made?
I tested this with a savegame provided by @ANSEL because he had some items already etc so I could test it easier.
Maybe he purchased another model or something like that, I don't know for sure.

@Levis In the zip the resources file has folders named differently than the base game folders (plural interfaces vs interface , same for new interface), so the files don't overwrite anything. Is that intended? Just making sure. :)

@Levis In the zip the resources file has folders named differently than the base game folders (plural interfaces vs interface , same for new interface), so the files don't overwrite anything. Is that intended? Just making sure. :)
No it's not. my mistake will fix it

Edit: reuploaded

@Levis Ah...and one more
storyline/standard/quest should be storyline/standard/quests

Finished merging now, no other changes in the reuploaded file except folders renamed, correct? Want to make sure I don't need to do it again.

By the way, while merging I noticed the the enc_resident dialogue that there is a +1 max hp bonus for sleeping in a house. That looks permanent...It should be made temporary I think. Sleeping in a soft bed for months in a row should NOT make you a permanently awesome fighter, quite the opposite in fact. ;)

@Levis Took another look at leveling, and it seems you set it up so that now if you get a new hp bonus, then the old one disappears, so you can only ever have 1? Would that mean sleeping in a house would permanetly remove the apothecary HP bonus, and you could only ever have a single HP bonus?

EDIT: here are a list of hp bonuses penalties:

sleeping in a bed +1
opium addition -5 times rank/5
(unsure) getting drunk seems to do it? in quests_reaction for standard storyline
aztec curse +300
monk relic
apothecary +10
mist +3 (commented out in first round of balancing changes to crypt, will be replaced with something else)

More may be added, especially temporary ones, given the wonderful new system. If I am reading it right and new ones overwrite the old, it may end up not being the desired effect, I'd prefer to allow more than one, at least for permanent HP bonuses.

Last edited:
@Levis Took another look at leveling, and it seems you set it up so that now if you get a new hp bonus, then the old one disappears, so you can only ever have 1? Would that mean sleeping in a house would permanetly remove the apothecary HP bonus, and you could only ever have a single HP bonus?

EDIT: here are a list of hp bonuses penalties:

sleeping in a bed +1
opium addition -5 times rank/5
(unsure) getting drunk seems to do it? in quests_reaction for standard storyline
aztec curse +300
monk relic
apothecary +10
mist +3 (commented out in first round of balancing changes to crypt, will be replaced with something else)

More may be added, especially temporary ones, given the wonderful new system. If I am reading it right and new ones overwrite the old, it may end up not being the desired effect, I'd prefer to allow more than one, at least for permanent HP bonuses.
I think you read it wrong. You can have multiple HP bonusses, just as you see in the screenshot too.

The sleeping in bed might be better to be temporary but for now I didn't change anything I just made it make use of this sytem. It was there always already.

I reuploaded the zip with the right folders now, it was 5 am when I uploaded it so must have been a bit tired :p

Makes sense, thanks for explaing to me Levis! :)

Yes, I think we should make the resting in bed bonus temporary. Would that be possible wih the new system? I'd say it should last 1 day, as being well rested helps you for a day, and then it wouldn't stack.

Makes sense, thanks for explaing to me Levis! :)

Yes, I think we should make the resting in bed bonus temporary. Would that be possible wih the new system? I'd say it should last 1 day, as being well rested helps you for a day, and then it wouldn't stack.
before doing it I'd first like to know how often you would actually be able to get this bonus and what triggers it.

Back