• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Levis' Stuff [October 7th (v2)]

before doing it I'd first like to know how often you would actually be able to get this bonus and what triggers it.

@Levis
Enter any house in any town, chat with the owner, and ask to rest/recover.

There is a 35-luck skill chance of being infected, and needing to cure yourself from poison.

There is a 65 + luck skill chance of healing up from resting, getting +1 max hp, and learning about wound treatement (ie getting defense skill):
if(AUTO_SKILL_SYSTEM) { AddPartyExpChar(pchar, "Defence", 50+(sti(PChar.skill.Defence)*10)+Rand(50) + grgbonus ); }
else { AddPartyExp(pchar, 50+(sti(PChar.skill.Defence)*10)+Rand(50) + grgbonus ); }

If we think it needs a bit more, we can increase the defense skill gain, but permanent repeatable max HP changes are too much I think. Plus, sleeping in a bed for a night and being well-rested shouldn't be permanent. :)

Anyway, if you want to try it out, just go into any house in town and find a resident, I've done it a couple of times, very easy to do and repeat.

New zip in the first post containing some new fixes!

New zip in the first post containing some new fixes!
Great news! Thanks, @Levis!

"Fixed exploid in smuggling where going to the beach"
Just so you know, the correct spelling for that word is "exploit".
I hate correcting people on their spelling and grammar, but you've been writing it like that a lot and thought you might want to know.
Hope you don't mind me saying.... :unsure

Btw any comments on the interface changes are also welcome.

First post is updated with a new zip.
It should include a lot of fixes again. Some of them I wasn't able to fully test yet so I hope you guys can do that for me.

Please try to send an officer to look for the patrol times and see if it works (try to leave the location before the officer left).
Please keep an eye on your perks and see if anything weird happens there
Please try to do some pirate hunting quests and see if any errors are generated and if the ships classes are right (its possible you'll find a ship which is to difficult to do).

There where some problems when starting a new game. These should be fixed now. Please let me know if anything is wrong.

@Levis
With your latest fixes the loading sequence when starting a new game lasts for ages.

Started a new standard campaign (once again :D ). When entering sailing mode in Speightstown the game becomes unplayable due to heavy lags. Seems to only happen there (and in standard campaign) since at other places the game runs smooth as silk. However, I barely had time to test it carefully so far.

Played a bit "Hoist the Colours" and sailing around Barbados worked fine without any lags. Had a crash when talking to towns people in Speightstown, but that crash was not reconstructable.

Attachments

• compile.log
    11.6 KB · Views: 208
  • error.log
    191.9 KB · Views: 226
  • system.log
    2.1 KB · Views: 210
  • Sparrow_Crash.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 199
The number of entries in that error.log is definitely the reason for the lag.
Basically, the game doesn't respond very well because so much stuff is going wrong and being logged in the background.
That should definitely not be happening.

@Darby McGraw did you redownload the fix? This problem was fixed yesterday.

Ehm... no. Missed that, sorry.:oops:

Anyways, just made a speedrun for testing your "Levis-Fixes_3-10b". Loading times are fine now. Unfortunately the lags when entering sailing mode are still there.:(

Attachments

• compile.log
    25.1 KB · Views: 201
  • error.log
    32.3 KB · Views: 227
  • system.log
    5.6 KB · Views: 214
Still the same sort of error.log entries, unfortunately. :(

Yepp!

Did you see the the system log?
There are these strange lines that make me worry:

Can't load texture resource\textures\.tx

Leak: 'Bad memory address' line 0, size 19
Leak: 'C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\XINTERFACE\NODES\xi_strcollection.cpp' line 209, size 1144

and so on.

Wonder if it is a corrupt installation on my end. Have to say that I made a clean install at the weekend just to iron that out, but who knows.:unsure

Did you see the the system log?
There are these strange lines that make me worry:

That's nothing to worry about. We all get that all the time.
@pedrwyth and myself once tried to figure out why that happens, but so far had no luck.
Doesn't do any harm though. :shrug

Leak: 'Bad memory address' line 0, size 19
Leak: 'C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\XINTERFACE\NODES\xi_strcollection.cpp' line 209, size 1144
That was probably triggered upon closing the game.
Don't know what it means, but the game closes anyway, so no harm done.

Wonder if it is a corrupt installation on my end. Have to say that I made a clean install at the weekend just to iron that out, but who knows.:unsure
There is a lot being changed in the recent ZIPs, a lot of it quite experimental and it may not all be fully stable.
So there is a very good chance the problem is still with the code itself and not with your install.

If you want a stable(ish) game experience and don't particularly want to help us test the newest of the newest, I can recommend the latest WIP EXE from the link in my signature.
The subsequent ZIPs are experimental and you can skip that if you prefer. Up to you. :doff

Ehm... no. Missed that, sorry.:oops:

Anyways, just made a speedrun for testing your "Levis-Fixes_3-10b". Loading times are fine now. Unfortunately the lags when entering sailing mode are still there.:(
Cold you upload the savegame? This is a problem with cannons, it should be fixed...

@Darby McGraw please try the latest version I just uploaded. For me this version fixes your problem.

Didn't have much time so besides that I wasn't able to fix much. Only enabled uncontributing perks to be picked by the player, and changed the interface a bit to more clearly show the perkcosts.

New version in the firstpost.
You will see 2 new perks again with thanks to @Cassadar for the images.
These perks can be used to prevent sail and mast damage
Also you should have better perfomace both on land and sea. Let me know if anything strange happens though.

No comments yet on the new colors in the abilities interface?
Does everyone understand how they work (if so that would be awesome)!

Back