• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Levis' Stuff [October 7th (v2)]

I do remember now I forgot to disable fast travel after you bought opium. This will be included later. For now try not to use it a few times and see what happens.

I do remember now I forgot to disable fast travel after you bought opium. This will be included later. For now try not to use it a few times and see what happens.
Why is "buying opium" linked to fast travel in any way? :confused:

Is there any way yet to get that Ayacuhasa(sp?) item of yours yet?
Since that feature is almost functional anyway, I'd definitely want to include that before we're ready for the public Beta 3.5 release.

Why is "buying opium" linked to fast travel in any way? :confused:

Is there any way yet to get that Ayacuhasa(sp?) item of yours yet?
Since that feature is almost functional anyway, I'd definitely want to include that before we're ready for the public Beta 3.5 release.

you will see tonight ;).
working on getting it avaible. wont take long anymore.
Next week it should be avaible.

New version uploaded.
It has 2 bugfixes for the opium smuggling which I found out today.
Also fixes some bugs with the fetch quest. Think I found out why its behaving weird sometimes.
Please test them after installing this.

@Pieter Boelen I don't expect to have anymore updates today. So you can include this one in the installer. I believe you wanted to make one again today right?

Looking at the code and got some comments:
- Smuggling Guild Members? What is this? Wide-spread corruption in the Caribbean? You're a PIRATE, you are! :whipa
- Getting 72 opium items? What would you need so much for? :shock
- I think this function should do the same as the for-loops you added:
Code:
TakeNItems(PChar, "opium", 72);
GiveItem2Character actually calls that function indirectly:
Code:
bool GiveItem2Character(ref _refCharacter,string itemName)
{
   return TakeNItems(_refCharacter,itemName,1);
};/CODE];)
- I know it doesn't work like that in the game, but this looked quite amusing in the code:[CODE]
"Do you really think you can bribe me? Prepare to die!",
"That sounds like a reasonable plan to me.",
"g1

Tried the TakeNItems but it didn't work thats why I did the forloop instead (at least I tried it for removing, might indeed be for adding items now you say and I take a closer look, will change that).
Just wait why you will need so much opium items ;).

And yes :bird:

Tried the TakeNItems but it didn't work thats why I did the forloop instead (at least I tried it for removing, might indeed be for adding items now you say and I take a closer look, will change that).
Works fine for me. See attached. :doff

I know @Jack Rackham uses it for removing items quite often as well. Here's an example:
Code:
TakeNItems(mchref,"gunpowder", -100);
If you remove more items than you have, you'll just be left with 0, not with a negative amount (if I understood correctly).

Attachments

• opium_wasted_dialog.zip
    1,021 bytes · Views: 125
Yeah i used it wrong way around, will fix it everywhere.

Btw @Pieter Boelen found out already what happens when you buy opium? Try walking round town.

@Grey Roger or @Hylie Pistof or anyone else who could have some fun with this....
Maybe @Jack Rackham? You're always quite creative with everything! :cheers

Please have a look at the following dialog:
Code:
"I would like to buy what you're having.",
"Aye, matey. I must warn you this stuff is still unprocessed so you can't use it yet. And nobody will buy it unless you know someone special. If you're still in the market, it will cost you ",
" per piece.",
"Okay, I'll buy 1.",
"Okay, I'll buy 12.",
"Okay, I'll buy 72.",
"Never mind, I'm not in the market",
"Here you go. If I were you, I would stay away from the guards while you have this on you and lay low for a while. They might come after you if they see you with this.",
"Thank you... I think.",
I did a bit of rewriting on it already, but really it is just too coherent to be uttered by a character who is permanently high on opium. :cheeky

For inspiration, this is the rest of his dialog:
Code:
"*blank, cowlike stare*... ",
"Hey... buddy... ya want a hit?",
"Stars, man, I can see stars! It's so... cosmic!",
"... I've got it! I can see so clearly now, it's all so simple! The secret to life... the universe... and everything! It's... *falls motionless* zzzz...",
"Yo, matey... spare a dime?",
"There's a nice lady walkin' around here somewhere with some great juice, man!",
"Another satisfied customer, I see.",
"Ooh, bawdy.",
"Uh... who let these lizards in here?",
See? Quite crazy! Just like everything else in @alan_smithee's famous place of madness! :razz

I know, I just made sure there was dialog in place as a "placeholder" so it could be writter better later.

Edit: Just noticed this is my 2400th message .... hmmm that goes fast :p.

Last edited:
I'm not much into drugs or smuggling, and anyway opium wasn't banned in the West until later than our time periods. (It was banned in China because the EITC had been trading lots of it in exchange for tea and addiction was becoming a problem in China.) Opium may, of course, be subject to the same random local bans as various other goods in the game. xD

I'd be more interested if privateers or naval officers had a way to raid smugglers, drug or otherwise. I don't want to fight the coastguard, I want to be the coastguard. ;)

I'm not much into drugs or smuggling, and anyway opium wasn't banned in the West until later than our time periods. (It was banned in China because the EITC had been trading lots of it in exchange for tea and addiction was becoming a problem in China.) Opium may, of course, be subject to the same random local bans as various other goods in the game. xD

I'd be more interested if privateers or naval officers had a way to raid smugglers, drug or otherwise. I don't want to fight the coastguard, I want to be the coastguard. ;)
there will be an option if you have a lom or are in service to infiltrate the smugglers and bring them down. You will also get a document to sprove you are working for the governor so you don't have to fight them anymore and more ;)

@Pieter Boelen don't expect anymore from me today. So you can make the installer when you want. Most of the bugs I'm trying to fix are more complicated then I expected so I need more time on them. Same with the other stuff I can't get it done before 6 and I need to go then also.
So better for me to wait now and have completly up to date files again before fixing stuff again.

Feel free to change the loops to TakeNitem. Not there is another loop in the Opium_Guard dialog to take the opium from you once you've been caught.

Alright then; I'll go ahead with the update. I'll do everything I can tonight, but if considered to be a good idea, I can do the compiling and uploading tomorrow as well.

A quick question. Would people mind to get kicked from a port in some cases (not gonna say why ;) ) and if so are there any things you really should be able to do before you need to leave?

Reactions: A.H
If it is a hostile town, then you should certainly not be able to have an easy time of doing whatever you want to do there. :no

So I think if there is a valid reason, then no I don't mind and I might actually welcome such a feature. :cheeky

Updated the first post with a new zip.
This zip will include a function which was in the game for a while already but still hidden.
This will be expanded on later but included now for testing.
Go to the aruba indian trader and ask him about his special thing :). after you bought it talk to an officer and you will see an new dialog option.
I do warn you, save before you try it cause you might not like the result.

@Pieter Boelen I didn't feel like making a new zip for this yet. Feel free to include it when you want. I wont be able to work on this some more untill tuesday probably so thats why I release it now. its just a very simple buy script.

Ahaaaa! You've actually got it available in the game now! :cheers
I always prefer features that are used. :onya

Back