• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Levis' Stuff [October 7th (v2)]

It's easy to get now. Expect that to change later ;) but this is so people get used to it.

Uploaded a new zip in the first post. Please let me know what you guys think of this option. Shipyards will now sometimes sell you ships with upgrades already applied to them. You will have to pay more for the ship, but its less then buying the ship and then applying the upgrades.

This:
Code:
(GetCostTun(cn, upgrade)/(8*GetSummonSkillFromName(GetMainCharacter(),SKILL_COMMERCE)));
Changed to:
Code:
makeint(GetCostTun(cn, upgrade)*(0.08*GetSummonSkillFromName(GetMainCharacter(),SKILL_COMMERCE)));
Does that not make a factor 100 difference? Is that correct?

Edit: Never mind, you're dividing now instead of multiplying. :oops:

Last edited:
Also:
Code:
  /*} else {
     DoBuyShip();
     UpdateFourImages();
     UpdateShipScroll();
     SetCurrentNode("SHIPSLIST");
     nCurSScrollNum = -1;
     nCurFourNum = -1;
   }*/ //Why would we want this? We can just add a check to set the buyprice to 0 right?
I think the idea of that code was to prevent you from buying ships at captured towns.
If the buy price is zero, does that not mean you can purchase ships for free?

Code:
      //Levis let's use the same function to get random stats as everywhere else.
       NPChar.ship = "";
       aref toShip; makearef(toShip, NPChar.ship);
       aref fromShip; makearef(fromShip, curship);
       CopyAttributes(toShip, fromShip);
       NPChar.ship.type = rShip.type;
       NPChar.ship.idx = i;
       NPChar.ship.ForShipyard = 1;
       int _idx = GetCharacterIndex(NPChar.id);
       SetRandomStatsToShip(_idx, i, shipnation);
       CopyAttributes(fromShip, toShip);
       DeleteAttribute(NPChar,"ship");
       //arSetRandomStatsToShip(curship, i, shipnation);
I've so far always used arSetRandomStatsToShip in GiveShip2Character and the depreciated Reinit.c code.
What was wrong with that function? Saves a lot of lines of code by the looks of it. :confused:

The other one sets random upgrades too ;). (So the one I use now)

And I thought you where able to buy al ships for free in a captured town. If not that needs to be changed. But the problem with the ship buying seemed to lay there

If France captures Speightstown, why would they sell all ships to you for free?
Their shipyard is meant to be closed on the quest.

If the player has captured a town, perhaps a discount is in order.
But completely free goes a bit far, doesn't it?

For the upgrades, indeed for GiveShip2Character I specifically did NOT want upgrades applied, so I suppose that makes sense.
Random ships of course can have them. As long as you do get to pay for their inclusion at the shipyard, that should be Ok.

You pay for theire inclussion. Ever seen an tier 8 gunboat you couldn't affort :p?
I have now :p. You don't have to pay the full price of the upgrade. depending on your commerce level it will be more or less. This is so you get rewarded for finding a nice ship in the shipyards.
the higher the tier of the ship the more upgrades it can have. depending if its a warship or trade ship it will pick other upgrades. Pirate ships will most likely have the corsair refit etc.

Added a new way to get the best time to smuggle when doing a smuggle run.
Instead of telling the guards a lie etc you can now try to bet agains them in a game of poker. You will need the High Stakes perk for this tough. Will add it to the description later.
Also including some new fixes again.

@Pieter Boelen a new version is uploaded to fix another bug in the shipyard interface. Don't expect more from me till maybe very late today. So if you want to make a new installer or zip go ahead and use this version :).

I was thinking of making another ZIP tomorrow just before the weekend. No need for an EXE as we have no filesize problems with the ZIPs yet.

I would like to hear from @Hylie Pistof and or @Grey Roger if its realistic the shipyard has ships with upgrades already. I believe it is as far as a shipyard is actually realistic :p. But else I could tie this feature also to for example arcade gametype only so on realistic and ironman mode it wont happen.

The main reason a shipyard ought to have an upgraded ship for sale is that I've just sold it to the shipyard. :rpirate

Ships you meet at sea can have random upgrades. There are probably other privateers and pirates who capture those ships and then sell them. Also, someone may have upgraded his ship, then later sold it to buy something bigger. So a ship with upgrades already installed is probably second hand, one way or another, but they certainly ought to be for sale.

Code:
bool gambleperk = CheckCharacterPerk(playerChar,"HighStakes"); //Just to be sure because it seemed to work strange.
I think that one needs its "bool" part removed to prevent an error because of the variable already being defined.

Which file?

I think you are right. Will change it.

Back