• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

L'Hermione Update, Back in Brest!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
This past week has been a bit of an eventful one for the crew of L'Hermione. They took a quick detour to England to ride the gales caused by a hurricane that came ashore earlier this week. That gave the crew quite a good feel for just what kind of conditions they could face once they reach the open waters of the Atlantic next spring.

They are currently anchored in Brest, near Chateau de Brest, a castle site that has a history dating back some 1700 years! Some of the volunteer crew will depart and be replaced for the last leg of her sea trails. L'Hermiones crew currently consists of 15 professional sailors and 57 volunteer crew, and another 6 supernumeraries for a total compliment of 78 on board. There are a couple of photographers and I believe some film crew among those 6. There is also an artists named Cécile Cuzzubbo who has been doing some watercolors of the ship and some of the scenes they have encountered so far.

Also onboard is Anne Renault, L'Hermione's sailmaker. In this video posted on their Youtube channel, she is giving a few lessons to the crew.

The Friends of Hermione-Lafayette in America have also released their itinerary for the trip to the east coast of America in the spring and summer of 2015. I am not certain which stops they plan on allowing public tours of the ship, I will post that when I have found more information. You can always get the latest information on their blog HERE!

AkYYSxJ.jpg

June 2015

• From June 4 to June 7 : Yorktown, VA

• June 9: Mt Vernon, VA (ship at anchor)

• June 10 and June 11: Alexandria, VA

• From June 15 to June 17: Annapolis, MD

• From June 19 to June 21: Baltimore, MD

• June 25: Fort Mifflin, PA (ship at anchor) just south of Philadelphia

• From June 26 to June 28: Philadelphia, PA -- with Tall Ships America
July 2015
  • From July 2 to July 4: New York, NY — with Tall Ships America

• July 6 and July 7: Greenport, NY— with Tall Ships America

• July 8 and July 9: Newport — with Tall Ships America

• July 11 and July 12: Boston, MA

• July 14 and July 15: Castine, ME

• July 18 and July 19: Lunenburg, NS, Canada (Lunenburg, Nova Scotia)
Here are a couple of other vidoes from another brief stopover in Douarnenez.

October 23 Douarnenez

October 24 morning, Hermione left Douarnenez , after spending the night at anchor off the port of Rosmeur. Panorama of Douarnenez, Tristan and Hermione island at sunrise.

Attachments

• L'Hermione_voyage_2015.png
    L'Hermione_voyage_2015.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 29
Back