• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Life is Feudal: New Game Available for Early Access

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Realistic medieval multiplayer sandbox with terraforming, free preset and modular building construction, rich crafting (smelting, forging, farming, animals breeding etc.), survival, no target physics based combat, original combat formation system and numerous other features.

Life is Feudal is now available for Early Access from http://store.steampowered.com/app/290080

So what does this have to do with pirates, you ask? Surprisingly, quite a bit!
The composer for that game is PiratesAhoy! member @Flannery,
who is also writing professional music for our very own Hearts of Oak: Conquest of the Seas!

Unfortunately though, the music on that particular trailer is not his doing.
It is something they had already bought before he was involved.
So listen to some of his Hearts of Oak music instead on our various News Articles.

Oh.... And check out Life is Feudal. That too! :duel:

Attachments

• Game-Logo-Life-Is-Feudal1.jpg
    Game-Logo-Life-Is-Feudal1.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 40
This looks quite promising! Two things I noticed right off though, their Wiki page is powered by Curse, Curse is one of the most invasive spam networks on the internet. Secondly ...where are the Vikings?!?!
nainshache.gif

Regardless, I am sure the game will be epic with Flannery's music! :fiddler

saw this on steam this morning it looks pretty interesting but i wouldn't play it unless it was with friends , if yall get playing it i might join in but yeah.

This. Bloody. Game. I got it over the weekend and spent 6 hours terraforming land just to build my first hut and then I accidentally deleted the server. lol I kicked my chair over, cussed a bit, screamed "f**k the Middle Ages!" in my dorm, and uninstalled the game. Other than that though, it's a fun game :bonaparte

Grinding grinding and more grinding. You really need friends to get anywhere. They want to make an MMO eventually, looking forward to that.

The MMO is basically as far in development as the LiF:YO version. I have been playing the MMO since the pre Alpha tests started. But there are still bugs to Iron out to get almost 50 servers running the 21x21km huge seamless world. Basically the MMO world is 48 times bigger than the LiF:YO world. (which is 3x3 km)

LiF:YO is fully customizable by the admins of the server - and each game owner can open their own server (included in the game fee) if they wish. And decide if it will be a personal server, open or whitewashed server. They can also alter the skill progression rates - so if you want to insta build stuff - play around in your own server ;-) You do not even need to learn any skill that way.

Most guilds who are waiting for the MMO are using the LiF:YO version to practice their skills and so on.

And I would not call it grinding - as it is not grinding in the normal sense of the term. But you build up your skills through your actions.

There are no senseless or stupid repetitive mindless tasks to get some kind of reward... But to be a good hunter or bowman, you need to hunt and use your bow... :p

Same for a blacksmith - same for what ever your asperations are.

And you can actually max out most of your skills within the first week of playing - by only doing your normal stuff. Your skills can progress from 0-100. Progress from 0-60 is rather fast - from 60-90 is within weeks. 90-100 is a long hauler of months and months of hard work, ment for those who actually WANT to grind something.
But no high-end gear awaits those who do so, as the ONLY rewards at skill cap 100 are cosmetic - no statsgiving "uber"-gear.

The skill caps and skill trees are separate for crafting and weapon wielding. So you do not have to choose to be either a warrior or crafter. You can be both ;-)

Believe me - I have played the lot of grindfests that exists - and hate, hate, hate them! :p
But this is definitely not built up like that - and I find it very well balanced.

But if you want instant arcade action - no this is not the game for you. Then you are better off playing the tonns of themepark games out there that hands you everything in your lap, and holds your hand through everything to the brink of deadly boredom.

In this game you truly are a master of your own progression and your own destiny - wether you want to be a merchant, crafter, warrior, farmer, fisherman, brigand, merchant, knight and so on.

AND! You will be able to choose the features of three basic apperances and cultures where the three of them are based on the nordic people (Vikings), The Middle European and Mediterranean or Asian. But even within these you can customize it to your linking. Much like Mount & Blade - only better :-D

These options are not all working yet - but will soon be implemented.

There will also be seafaring later on in the development of the MMO - opening the gamestyle and player options even more.
So being a seafaring Viking raider is definitely a option later on ;-)

**edited my phones spelling corrections which changed some English words to some Norwegian ones... :p

Last edited:
That sounds quite promising indeed mate, thanks for the info! I have been waiting for a game to get Drekars and Knarrs correct, I sure hope this one does!

Thought you might like to see this press release I ran across :

Life is Feudal is a hit on Steam Early Access: 65,000+ copies sold

Bitbox Ltd, a small indie dev team, has completely took the industry by storm with the launch of Sandbox RPG “Life is Feudal:Your Own” on Steam via Early Access on 19.9.2014. The title rocketed to a 65,000 sales milestone, even reaching #1 in Steam’s ‘Top Sellers’ and #3 on MMORPG.com: all in under two weeks.

This flagship product from Bitbox is set in the feudal age (as you may have already guessed), with spot-on historical features and realistic landscapes waiting to be explored; the player is dropped into a 3x3km world, ready for them to stake their claims and start their adventures.

Life is Feudal features a rich and deep crafting system, giving you the freedom to terraform the world and build villages, castles, forts - whatever you desire. But that’s not all, if you’re the barbarian type, you can take to besieging forts, raiding enemies, or taking your foes down!

Furthermore, Life is Feudal allows complete freedom, as rather than being limited by progression through levels and a cookie cutter class system. A dynamic skill cap system allows each character to be finely tailored to your unique playstyle - be it a one-handed-sword-wielding blacksmith, or a carpenter who also knows his way around a kitchen: any and all paths are an option for enjoying this refreshing and unique title.

With such an overwhelming response from the community, and a very positive rating in Steam’s review system, Life is Feudal shows no signs of slowing down.

I remember reading somewhere that they are considering adding Medieval ships to it eventually as well.

I remember reading somewhere that they are considering adding Medieval ships to it eventually as well.
There will be ships at a later point of development yes. At least for the MMO - Not sure about YO though. But I guess Bobik and team will leave that option open as well ;)

LiF:YO has now passed 65.000 copies sold on Steam :)

**Oh... just realized @Thagarr already mentioned this....hahahahaha**

New press release, and new trailer!

Create, Build, and Conquer in Life is Feudal: Your Own, Coming November 17th

November 6, 2015 – The full release of Life is Feudal: Your Own is approaching fast. With development nearing completion, including many community-requested features, the multiplayer medieval sandbox is set to leave Steam Early Access and launch November 17th with a 40% Midweek discount.
Watch our new animated trailer featuring narration by film and TV icon, Sean Bean (The Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones) – never fear, we promise that he doesn't die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj3jL5DxDjw

Will you play the part of a warrior, a farmer, an architect, or even an artist? Life is Feudal: Your Own presents an open world full of possibilities. Work with your community to alter the landscape and use modular building tools to erect realistic villages and cities. Craft the items needed to survive and enrich your life, and challenge other player in physics-based combat.

Life is Feudal: Your Own emphasizes the community like no other sandbox game. You can survive alone, but you'll need to work with your neighbors and share your skills to be truly prosperous. Although PvP is a real threat, a clever alignment system helps to aid the righteous while ensuring that the wicked will always have the most to lose.

Key features include:
- 64-player, 3km x 3km world in a realistic, medieval setting.
- Create persistent worlds with your rules, including crafting times, skill-caps, and even permadeath.
- Utilize modular building tools to create villages, cities, and fortresses.
- Terraform the landscape above- and below-ground with nearly limitless freedom.
- Make the character of your choosing with class-free character progression.
- Hundreds of items to craft, from weapons and clothing, to buildings and decorations.
- Repel the attacks of other players, or join with friends to build an army and conquer.
- Physics-based combat using mouse and character movement. No lock-on targeting.

Additionally, each player will also receive access to the future release of Life is Feudal: MMO, currently in development. Life is Feudal: Your Own launches November 17th on PC.

Website
http://lifeisfeudal.com/
Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/290080/

GAME INFO
Title: Life is Feudal: Your Own
Developer: BITBOX Ltd.
Publisher: BITBOX Ltd.
Genre: Multiplayer Sandbox
Platform: PC (Windows)
Release Date: November 17, 2015
Price: $39.99

So the famous person @Flannery was referring to is Sean Bean! That is cool that is! :woot
And the reference about him NOT dying this time is hilarious.
Well played! :cheers

More life is Fuedal goodness!

Life is Feudal: Your Own Unveils Enhanced Gameplay and DirectX 11 Visuals in New Video

November 12, 2015 – In anticipation of the release of Life is Feudal: Your Own, BITBOX Ltd. has prepared a new video showcasing the numerous gameplay enhancements, upgraded DirectX 11 visuals, and completely reworked UI coming to the medieval, multiplayer sandbox on November 17th.

Life is Feudal: Your Own – Enhanced Visuals and Gameplay Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJPNrJTw_6U

With the jump to DirectX 11, Life is Feudal: Your Own offers players an even more richly detailed atmosphere, including more intricate textures, improved lighting effects, and realistic foliage. You can see side-by-side comparisons here:
http://lifeisfeudal.com/screenshots-comparison

More than just a visual upgrade though, the launch release also represents a tremendous leap forward in terms of gameplay, with the improved UI and crafting giving players better tools and knowledge to create, build, and become a vital part of the community.

As seen in the video, the physics-based combat of Life is Feudal: Your Own brings authenticity to the battlefield. Every swing and thrust, including the force of the attack, is controlled by a player's movements, And, with no lock-on targeting, players must always be mindful of positioning; strategically maneuvering to out-flank opponents and maximize the momentum of attacks.

Life is Feudal: Your Own is coming November 17th to PC. For more information, including in-depth explanations of additional features, visit the links below.

Website
Life is Feudal - Sandbox MMORPG
Steam
Life is Feudal: Your Own on Steam

Really looking great so far! :woot

Although, that Boar kill was way to easy, those suckers are really nasty beasties! The combat system does look quite brilliant, I am really looking forward to seeing more of that! The architecture looks spot on too, can't wait to see more! :thumbs1

Back