• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

lighting distiller problem

Vicilu

Landlubber
When I finish the librarian quest, I follow the gunner to the officers room by the armory, but when I get there I am behind the table, and can't get out, how am I supposed to pass through that? I search every inch to find an action icon, but I can't find, just can't get out of there. Other, even if I pass it with the side walk, I know I am supposed to use the collection of books to light the distiller, but I can't, how am I supposed to do that, because I tried many times, I am stuck on this part....

nothing, from "follow the gunner" it goes to "place the books in the fireplace as wood", I'm stuck at this part since I can't pass through the table neither place the books

Solved, I had to follow him closely, my "officer" (I hired the one that said he was an old friend) was blocking me at the armory stairs, so when I reached the officers room the gunner was already at the table and the passage closed...

I have never tried it with an officer.
Maybe it's best not to hire any officers at all until the very very end of this quest.

The one that said he was an old friend? Is that any set characters in your quest, Jack Rackham? :shock

No, none of my quest characters can be hired as officers. (Except in the very last scene)

The quest plays best if you don't bother to "build up" your character the normal way concerning weapons, items, officers etc.
(You'll get all you need and more) I remember Talisman poited this out a long time ago.
Maybe I should add something (in the opening scene?) about this special style of gameplay.

If it possible to disable things that could mess up your storyline? Some of the things I could think of:
- Crewmembers ashore mod
- Hireable officers
- Any items, goods and ship trading

Basically, that IS severely limiting the game, but then that IS the way your story is written. :shrug

I guess it's possible and have thought about the hire officer dialog - maybe not so difficult.
Crewmember ashore I have no idea of how it works.
Items hmm...........not sure if some extra items messes up anything.
Ships and trade goods - I think those are not a problem.

Or ... what have caused problem lately? The cheatmode (I guess) and officers, maybe some limitations with these are enough
for now.

Or I just put in an extra check if any officers are active when reaching this point when the officer obviously blocked the way for Pyle.

The crewmembers ashore are handled with a simple bool:
Code:
LANDCREWMEMBERS = true;
You could do two things:
1. Find all instances where this is enabled (in PROGRAM\DIALOGS) and prevent them with an if-statement
2. Just set it to false when it needs to be

If you can, #1 would be best because otherwise the option will be there but stop working on occasion.

For the cheatmode, anywhere it is enabled, we can disable it if your storyline is loaded.
Just search the PROGRAM folder for " ENABLE_CHEATMODE " .

I have disabled:
cheatmode, landcrewmembers and hire officer if WoodesRogers or my next storyline is on.
The fixes are tested.
I'll mail the files as usual Pieter.

His name is Sean Gawkrodger, in the middle of one of the first puzzles at the tavern, I talked to some guy at the tavern casually to see if he had something to say, he said someone was looking for me upstairs saying he is a friend. Then I went upstairs and the guy just walked to me and engaged the conversation automatically, saying he got no more job, need some help, they had many great adventures together, so I let him join. I thought this was just for this history and well known, I don't what this is, what do ou think it was? you already heard of anything like that?

I have never met someone like that. It is certainly not in the quest. Anyway now hiring officers is disabled.

Sean Gawkrodger must have been a random character. That is the only type of character that could get that name.

Did you have any crewmembers following you ashore at the time? That enables a LOT of additional possible encounters to make the game more interesting.
Maybe that interfered with the quest.

Back