• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

List of Ships needing walk files

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
Almost every ship in the game has a walk file, allowing for depiction of sailors moving about, but sadly a few models have been left out. Some of them are incredibly nice models, but just feel a bit lonely and so fail to live up to their full potential.

I am including a comprehensive list of the 7 ships currently missing walk files below. That way, if people are willing to create a walk file for one or more ships, there is a list to work off of, and files can be posted to this thread and the ship removed from the list.

Comprehensive list of ships missing walk files:

NEW ship about to be added: piratesahoy.net/threads/swedish-east-indiaman-by-philipjn.27675

1) Swedish East Indiaman by Philipjn, ported by Armada
refShip.Name = "SwedishIndiaman1";
refShip.All = "Fleut1";
refShip.SName = "Indiaman1";
refShip.id = refShip.Name;
refShip.Walk = "";

CURRENT ships already in the game

2)Batavia by Yo Ho Ho and Thomas the Terror, based on original texture by Petros
refShip.Name = "NL_Batavia";
refShip.sname = "Indiaman1L";
refShip.All = "Fleut1";
refShip.walk = "";

3) Soleil Royal by red10october; additional work by Armada
refShip.Name = "FR_SoleilRoyal";
refShip.SName = "SoleilRoyal";
refShip.All = "HMS_Endeavour";
refShip.Class = 1;
refShip.Walk = "";

4) Royal Brig by Yo Ho Ho
refShip.Name = "BrigRoyal";
refShip.All = "HMS_Bounty";
refShip.SName = "LightBrigN";
refShip.all = "Brig1";
refShip.walk = "";

5) War Tartane from AOP added by MAXIMUS
refShip.Name = "TartaneWar";
refShip.All = "Tartane1";
refShip.sname = "TartaneWar";
refShip.walk = "";

6) USS Enterprise by Kazeite
refShip.Name = "USS_Enterprise";
refShip.All = "Brig1";
refShip.SName = "SloopUS";
refShip.walk = "";

7) Trinity 2nd Rate (based on the Christianus Sextus) by Remus77
refShip.Name = "FR_Trinity";
refShip.All = "HMS_Endeavour";
refShip.SName = "Trinity";
refShip.Class = 2;
refShip.Walk = "";

7.3, 7.6) two other Trinity second rate versions, all can probably use same walk file

(List excludes cursed caraval and one version of flying dutchman, cursed La Marianna, and Prisonship2, as they seem to be special ships and might not require walk files, unsure, other people correct me if they need walk files as well)

Finally, there are the potential for a couple of new ship models to be added, if someone volunteers to do the walk files: Problem with Model in Maya | PiratesAhoy!

For reference, a guide to creating walk files: Tools, Tutorials and Information | PiratesAhoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Cursed ships deliberately have no walk file.

Same model ships can share walk files.

Surely there is a sailorspoints file for that War Tartane in Age of Pirates that we can convert and use?

Some of these might be able to use existing walk files--there is a USS enterprise walk file in the walk file folder, but it isn't linked to that model right now. But I'm not sure how any of this works, or why they aren't currently linked to anything.

EDIT: simultanous posts with Pieter ;) Yes, that is why I left the cursed ships off the list, I figured that was right. :)

There are two completely different Enterprises in the game.
I assume the walk file is for one of them, but not the other?

That's it. The enterprise currently linked to the walk file is this one:
USS Enterprise 1799 by pgargon
refShip.Name = "US_Enterprise";
refShip.SName = "Enterprise";
refShip.Walk = "USS_Enterprise";
refShip.All = "Schooner1";

Which is indeed a different ship. My knowledge of ships is pretty low. :p

There are a couple of amazing nice ships on that list missing walk files, like the Batavia and the Soleil Royal, I guess because they were wonderful projects added later.

Back