• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Livestock as a trade good

Boys, I've done my homework.

Concerning the Triangular Colonial Trade:

- Fish
- Molasses *IMPORTANT! For making rum!
- Salt

I think that would be all great what with the Livestock, Copper, Tea and Hemp.
Sources:
http://www.eckstein.seattleschools.org/elmiller/ss/triangular_trade/
http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Regions_and_Colonial_Trade_Goods

Question though, are they actually all implemented in the mod? (Copper, tea, hemp and livestock)

We have mohgony, ebany, planks and sandelwood but what about normal timber used for building taverns, houses and other buildings?

Since there wasn't much in the sense of colours what about dyes?

I know we have cloth but perhaps bee able to trade clothes too?

I would expect tools would be required because demand is far higher than production?

Perhaps making some of these and other goods as import and export would help too, since those who export them can will never have a demand for those goods while those who important them will have the highest of demands for them. I will look for more things that could be used. :onya

1ie7v7.jpg

Tho there are clothes already, how about would you feel about clothes for the upper class?

The ideas of Dyes, tools, timber, are great. Molases need to be added as well, as without that, how could we distil our own rum (another mod idea for a later time)

I have started working on my own version of the mod. since this is my first crack at modding it may be some time before it is done. As well, i suspect that this mod will only be able to be added on top of cm v2.

OfficerPuppy has been great in pointing me in the right direction, and i have been using his livestock mod as a textbook on coding. Cudos to you good matey! (btw, if im stepping on yer toes, let me know :slap )

luke159 said:
Perhaps making some of these and other goods as import and export would help too, since those who export them can will never have a demand for those goods while those who important them will have the highest of demands for them. I will look for more things that could be used.
With the files that i been messing with so far, it seems that there are import goods and export goods in each country. However from an earlier post/topic i remember one of the senior members saying that the game generates surpluses and shortages on their own. I dont know if the two co-incide (sp?) A little help clarification here would help.

Keep your eyes peeled for trade goods of all types, and if in fact i can get this mod working, i will try to add them all, if not...sorry...lol

(I will not be creating a mod...it is being made already....my appologies for wasting your time)

I see no reason why to stop development because there is a version of the mod already floating around. Just look at the Black Pearl ship, there must of been at least four or five pearls made over the years.

When you mod is done place the link in the mini-mods section and anyone who wants to use it your mod will d/l it.

The only course that I can see is moving forward. CM v3 is the next step, in my opinion there is no point in releasing a mod that would work for cm v2 (even tho it wont work...cause i cant get the store's goods inventory list to show)
In my opinion the only way to contribute is to make a mod that moves us forward...not back

Back