• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Long time Lurker finally dropping a post.

When my already upload assets are in any testscene actual (all buildings, including Kontor) and the big harbor, then we have tons of possible interior scenes.

When my already upload assets are in any testscene actual (all buildings, including Kontor) and the big harbor, then we have tons of possible interior scenes.
I sooo want to see that in the engine!

But its still the problem with the size of the content. You remember the Textures vs. Substances thing. I think its too big actual to develop by @Captain Murphy . Not sure if we have a new point there.
All my coins (treasure content) etc. is finished too.

I overhaul the guns now step by step and place them step by step to the FTP. The actual guns are only for testing. They need to be erased in later progress.
My goal is to finish the first Borgard and Armstrong proportions and go then in direction 7YW and the iron guns. The bronze guns trough the Establishments was cast till 1749 and in service (in a few cases till ~1804)
So this part of development is a dynamic one. All other things are finished and upload for final use. The gun and St. Albans are still test objects.

So my content will rise and I hope the development method becomes any usable form.

If there are any simple yet time consuming processes that you would like me to do that might help with anything then I'll happily do that too. Just sign me up for any of the stuff that no-one else wants to do ><

Main thing that springs to mind there is to adapt 3D models that we have for use in the engine.

Main thing that springs to mind there is to adapt 3D models that we have for use in the engine.
EDIT: I assume you mean the problem I had with finding the textures? If yes, I already fixed that :)

Last edited:
@RobinPC you use textures but why my wasnt good then? It fits good to CE in my memory. But my main question is: How you solve the development size thing?
And Im looking forward to see all the stuff ingame :) :) :)

@RobinPC you use textures but why my wasnt good then? It fits good to CE in my memory. But my main question is: How you solve the development size thing?
And Im looking forward to see all the stuff ingame :) :) :)
Nothing is wrong with the textures, not at all! The problem at first was finding the right textures for every building. But I solved that problem already ! :)

Your work is excellent sir :)

Great and set you all the coins in lace too? Im very interested to see the treasure stuff ingame :D ;)

Indeed those coins would do well in Giony's treasure chest.

And I meant to take all the 3D models we have and port them into the engine so they can be added to the test scenes.

Oh, I remember the coins. The testing of the physical proxys, endless texture creation, based on real coin database... Remains the question of a finished chest. Im looking forward to see this :)

Giony already has a chest. RobinPC was going to see about putting it in the game.

When you plan to setup a "treasure fleet" theme or something that looks like to be load at a treasure ship please note, that coins was mainly transported in barrels (~100 or so in cloth bags and these in a barrel). In my coin thread I give the weight of the barrels for the gold Escudos, you can take the values from there. A chest was in captains cabin the "private jewelery".

Back