• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Looking for a new texture characters

Peter Blood: it is not what I need. I need a dirty suit smeared with mud face. If you want to be trained to work with textures you can work with the texture you shown a little more. Get a good governor.

For some reason it seems that the original more vegetation on the face ... But I could be wrong.

My English is not very good, so to understand what I need to look at the attached picture.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 162
I am no good with drawing up original textures, so I can't make the modified Peter Blood you want. What I've done is adapt the Peter Blood texture to a PoTC model, so it can be imported into the game which I play. :)

What I need to know now is, do you want the model for your main character to have plain sleeves instead of striped? The problem at the moment is that the stripes look wrong on the different model and there's nothing I can do about that, except remove the stripes. Like this.
hero1b.jpg

I am no good with drawing up original textures, so I can't make the modified Peter Blood you want. What I've done is adapt the Peter Blood texture to a PoTC model, so it can be imported into the game which I play. :)

What I need to know now is, do you want the model for your main character to have plain sleeves instead of striped? The problem at the moment is that the stripes look wrong on the different model and there's nothing I can do about that, except remove the stripes. Like this.
View attachment 29173

No no need.

Too late. :D That one was easy, just a matter of taking the black sleeve from "CaptainSpanish_1.tga", pasting it into "CaptainSpanish_2.tga", and doing a lot of brightening and lightening to turn it white. So here are the files used for the model in that screenshot.

As for number 4, you wanted a green and white version:
hero4a.jpg

I recommend you get TX Convertor:
http://www.piratesahoy.cloud/repository/Tools/Modeling+Texturing/TX Convertor.zip

That converts the .tga.tx files used by the game into .tga files which can be read by programs such as Photoshop. If you don't have Photoshop or something similar, get GIMP, which is open source and free to download. You can then change texture files however you like, then use TX Convertor again to convert the finished .tga back to .tga.tx for use in the game.

You can also get Animation View:
http://www.piratesahoy.cloud/repository/Tools/Modeling+Texturing/Animation View.7z
That allows you to view characters without having to play the game - I used it to get the screenshots I've been showing here.

Attachments

• Hero1b.zip
    198.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Hero4a.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
I know all the tools that are used to create new textures. But I am very bad at drawing.

Soldier, I would like to see in the game, because I had doubts in beige color.

The main character. That's where I think you need to make a clarification.
2.jpg - a suit of the protagonist, which is used in the past. I would like to make an Easter egg - to return the suit later. But the standard model animation burghers. Therefore costume change is not necessary. If you can not move the texture - it is better to make a costume for the main character, the musketeer.

I do not see the white in the screenshot. Black and green.

I'm not much good at drawing either, which is why I can copy and paste textures, recolour textures, but not create new ones. That's why you're on your own with the "Peter Blood" model. ;)

I thought you already had the soldier in the game, as seen in your screenshots in post 18. It was a lot of effort to create that texture from the "Personal" soldier from PoTC, and I'd rather not have to do it again!

2.jpg - see "Hero1b" in the post above, which is the model shown in the screenshot in post 22, with plain white sleeves that don't look odd as the stripey sleeves do.

"Hero4a": has white collar and edges around the jacket. The gold trimmings have been changed to silver. If you want more white, you'll need to tell me where you want it.

There's not much I can do about those, I'm afraid - they're built into the model.

What colours would you prefer? And if you want more white on the jacket or trousers, where exactly?

I'm not sure what you mean by "all that was left open". As for belts, if you're not happy with the brown leather already in use, tell me what you would prefer.

Better yet, get TX Convertor, then you can change the texture however you like. You don't need to be good at drawing - just pick out the areas you want to change, then change the colour - that's all I'll be doing to the jacket, gloves and belts.

Unfortunately, the game looks weird. As if Christmas tree, apparently because of the picture on the texture. Clear to her and just behind the pattern.
Perhaps white sleeves that you mentioned above are suitable here.
I think it will be easier to take a black suit and a hero based on it to create a new texture.

Last edited:
Screenshot?

"hero4b" is simply "hero4" changed to green and white as you asked. If the original "hero4", i.e. "4.jpg" in your original post, does not do weird things then "hero4b" will not either.

Anyway, if you get "TX Convertor" and "Animation View" as I suggested, you should be able to do the same sort of thing, whether to the black suit or the red suit.

Back