• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Looking for a way to get MOW!

brianchang

Landlubber
Can anyone give me a way to get my MOW without installing the build. I just heard that there is a way to fix the file named ships.c. But except this, is there any way to increase the chance to encounter a MOW on the sea or in the shop!! Thanks a lot!

Ahoy, brianchang, and welcome aboard! Pull up a keg, have a seat, and have a couple on us! :D

I don't have an answer for ya, just wanted to say AHOY - and ask in puzzlement,

:cry Why wouldn't you want the build? :b:

:D

Well, to be fair, you SHOULD play the game through ONCE without the mods - I played it I think twice because I missed some of the quests and wanted to do them before I got the build...

Playing the game without the mods makes the build so much more of a joy - and the game so much more playable - and `re-playable`. :p

(ya listening, Brian?) :D

<!--`QuoteBegin-brianchang`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brianchang)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Can anyone give me a way to get my MOW without installing the build. I just heard that there is a way to fix the file named ships.c. But except this, is there any way to increase the chance to encounter a MOW on the sea or in the shop!! Thanks a lot![/quote]

I think there is a way to increase chances,can't remember where,maybe in the Encounters files for the code,I will try to find it :D

Just looked in there Keith,could not find it there,maybe there is code for it in encounter files :D

I'm sure Skull is right, I'm pretty sure you just have to go into the Encounters file and turn it form encounter_false, to encounter_true....or something like that.

thanks for your sharing

I had turned it on in the ship.c file. But it still seems so hard to encounter one. Can anyone tell me to increase the chance of meeting or buying a MOW. I am just badly looking for a MOW. As to the build, I think I will finish this game once or twice without it then I wll install it. So thanks a lot, really.
Or maybe NK can help me on this, right? Because since he can create the build to make MOW easy to meet then he must have a way to fix the files. So is there anyone can ask him about this for me? Thanks a lot.

AH your playing without the build,,this code is with the build but should be similar.Go to Programs/Encounter/Encounters C file

#include "encountersencounters.h"
#include "encountersencounters_map.c"
#include "encountersencounters_quest.c"

#define MAX_MAP_ENCOUNTERS 16
object MapEncounters[MAX_MAP_ENCOUNTERS];

extern void InitEncounters();

void EncountersInit()
{
if(LoadSegment("EncountersEncounters_init.c"))
{
InitEncounters();
UnloadSegment("EncountersEncounters_init.c");
}

ReleaseMapEncounters();
}

int FindWarEncounter()
{
int iTypes[100]; // Change[100]: to [25]:
int iNumTypes = 0;

ref rCharacter = GetMainCharacter();
int iCharacterRank = sti(rCharacter.rank);
if(GetShipCap()) { if((`8-GetCharacterShipClass`(rCharacter)) * 2 < iCharacterRank) { iCharacterRank = (`8-GetCharacterShipClass`(rCharacter)) * 2; } } // NK

int iChance = rand(100); //Change (100): to (25):

Nah,there there mate, ya have to have rank 5 and sailing class 2 ship to encounter them,there a battle flleet with 4 MOW, 3 Lineships,a few Frigates,you will know when you encounter these ;)

Thats one thing I hate about the original game, no `play-after`-ending. Plus you never get to sail ye ol' MOW

Silehard's MOW is gorgeous, tho. I have her and I admire her every time I sail out. :(

Had to laugh tho, I was testing something and sailed out on a pirate hunting expedition in my MOW (The Tigress). I met another MOW - which happened to be the one I `re-skinned` - the dark plain one - and I was so surprised to see it - because I'd forgotten I put it in there in place of the regular tan and red and orange one. ;)

That was a cool fight. ;)

Its kinda kool when ya do things ya forget about and they come back to bite ya in the arse lol ;)

Thanks for your sharing again

Hey, guys... I really appreciated your generous sharing. But until now I still can not find a right way to fix the file and to see a MOW. Is there anyone who really can give me a hint about how to fix all the related files so that I can have my MOW sooner before I take the one of Silehard. And I must say thanks to skull although the codes you provided could not work but still thanks.

Hmm shoulda worked if your playing without the build ya need to start a new game for it to work, with the build press I to reinitialise at start of game ;)

Back