• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Looking to join the Hearts of Oak cre

agskipper

HoO Team Member
Quest Writer
Provisional
Hello Everyone,

Allow me to introduce myself.

I would like to join the development teams effort in creating Hearts of Oak. I am impressed with the enthusiasm and commitment I have seen so far. I have been holding off on volunteering until I was 100% positive I could actually dedicate time to this project. I sincerely hope I could be of some use, and you all would be willing to let me participate.

Quick Facts about me:
  • I love games, particularly their design and development.
  • Was Campaign Design Lead for the ARMA 2/3 Gaming and Mod group 161st V-SOAR.
  • Currently developing my traditional wooden boat design and construction skills at a boatyard in the San Francisco Bay that specializes in historical craft.
  • Hold a degree in Global Studies and Maritime Affairs from the California Maritime Academy
  • Active sailor, and sailing instructor.
  • Interested in creating high fidelity ship models
  • Interested in creating campaign and general content material.
  • Willing to lead, coordinate in a group or work solo.
There is more too me then that obviously, but I would like to keep it short. Look for my posts in the near future.

This project is a brilliant idea. I would love to be a part of it.

-Agskipper

:ahoymate!

You sound like a hands on guy with real world experience. Methinks you could be squeezed in somewhere. :wp

Ahoy matey! You would be most welcome to join.

Do you have any idea what you would like to do? @Dario is in charge of the Quest Writing team, if you would like to join that.
As for creating ship models, do you have any experience with 3D modeling yet?

Ahoy agskipper, welcome aboard mate!

That is quite a resume you have there, your skill and experience would certainly be most welcome!

Ahoy matey! You would be most welcome to join.

Do you have any idea what you would like to do? @Dario is in charge of the Quest Writing team, if you would like to join that.
As for creating ship models, do you have any experience with 3D modeling yet?

I would love to take part in the Quest writing.
Truth be told I have precious little experience with 3D modeling, but I am willing to learn and practice.
I had a little exposure to 3D Solid works, but that was a simple introduction no more. I have more experience with lofting a boat then rendering it.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Aaron

Well, as far as shipbuilding goes, your relevant experience and enthusiasm for creating highly realistic vessels is certainly a good place to start! Simply because you don't have a ton of model building experience, I would ask that you start with something small, like a weapon, part of a vessel, or even a longboat. This is just so you can get used to the controls, techniques etc of modeling before you start on a larger and more complex vessel, and a useful asset can be created in the process. Also, I generally assign ship designs to be built, simply because with a number of vessels in the works, we have certain types that are needed more than others, so it is more efficient when there is an order to it. Are these all things you can work with?

Campaign Design for ARMA, degree in Maritime Studies, working on ship design and active sailor?! Just wow! Welcome to the project! I'll send you a PM regarding quest writing @agskipper.

@agskipper: I have now set you up as provisional Quest Writer. This gives you access to the relevant parts of our development forum.
If you choose to join any other parts of our team, just say so and we can set you up for those too.

Welcome to the team! :woot

Well, as far as shipbuilding goes, your relevant experience and enthusiasm for creating highly realistic vessels is certainly a good place to start! Simply because you don't have a ton of model building experience, I would ask that you start with something small, like a weapon, part of a vessel, or even a longboat. This is just so you can get used to the controls, techniques etc of modeling before you start on a larger and more complex vessel, and a useful asset can be created in the process. Also, I generally assign ship designs to be built, simply because with a number of vessels in the works, we have certain types that are needed more than others, so it is more efficient when there is an order to it. Are these all things you can work with?

I agree completely. I have no problem being assigned work. A little dinghy or simple item would be perfect for me to get my "sea legs".

Back