• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Loyalty - on flagship no Wellesley

:onya Right, haha forgot about it : PotC beta 1 p.3\PROGRAM\Storyline\Hornblower\quests and you need to find questreaction.c

[quote name='A Drop O' Rum' timestamp='1280858311' post='375060']
that is what i did.
i have a save in mrs masons house..
then i exit the house and meet (night) Lt.bush and we go to the card game and it stucksss!!
Sent you a PM on this in answer to yours.
[/quote]

[quote name='A Drop O' Rum' timestamp='1280858311' post='375060']
that is what i did.
i have a save in mrs masons house..
then i exit the house and meet (night) Lt.bush and we go to the card game and it stucksss!!
Sent you a PM on this in answer to yours.
[/quote]

I was able to complete the game after inserting and replacing the following in Questreactions as you specified:

// LAi_ActorGoToLocation(characterFromID("Arthur Wellesley"), "reload", "reload3_back", "none", "", "", "",0.0);
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Arthur Wellesley"), "None", "");

the key is the two hash marks // not just the new line of code.

Was the Wellesley character supposed to appear as the "grey man" ? At least the dialog worked.

Thanks for the help.

I was able to complete the game after inserting and replacing the following in Questreactions as you specified:

// LAi_ActorGoToLocation(characterFromID("Arthur Wellesley"), "reload", "reload3_back", "none", "", "", "",0.0);

Was the Wellesley character supposed to appear as the "grey man" ? At least the dialog worked.

Thanks for the help.

No he should be in uniform - was he when you left him after the cannon battle?
(sounds like a texture file isn't being called or missing - I will check the code I have)

Thanks for the help.

No he should be in uniform - was he when you left him after the cannon battle?
(sounds like a texture file isn't being called or missing - I will check the code I have)

Yes he was after the Cannon battle.
O.K. For your game it looks like you have a texture file missing - try this:
In Quest Reaction file (about line 10446) change the Arthur Wellesley lines by adding the // as shown below.
Code:
		case "Orders_and_Ship":
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Lt. William Bush")].dialog.CurrentNode = "First time";
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Lt. William Bush"), "None", "");
//			Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Arthur Wellesley")].model = "WellesleyG_18";
//			Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Arthur Wellesley")].headmodel = "h_WellesleyG_18";
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Sir Edward Pellew"), "Cabin2SJG", "rld", "aloc2");
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Sir Edward Pellew")].dialog.CurrentNode = "Hows_your_head";
LAi_ActorGoToLocator((Pchar), "rld", "aloc6", "Orders_and_Ship2", 10);
break;
He should now appear in his old uniform.
(To add the texture file would require a new game)

Hope that helps.

Back