• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Lt. Buckley missing

Lute

Landlubber
It seems he refuses to appear when I land on the beach. I've tried reloading several times and trying it, and he still refuses to show himself.
Any tips?

Probably wasnt ignored it just wasnt fixed or missed... If you can link that post that would be good :onya

Drat. I'm no help. It played well for me except at the end. I can't find any references to Lt. Buckley either in these threads. :mm

If you are playing in Realistic mode ( it is the default ) the Sail To choice is disabled until you find a Beach or Port for the 1st time - after that you can use Sail To.

This can be a pain if you don't know where places are :yes

- Solution try to buy Maps in stores - Or play in Arcade Mode until you become familiar with the places on the various islands ( Arcade Mode has Sail To fully enabled )

I am sorry but for me the problem is different

I know the place of the beach but the Lt. Buckland is not on the beach :keith

can we play in arcade mode ?

Right here.

I very vaguely recall Short Jack Gold made a fix for something in the Hornblower storyline; if so, it should end up in Patch 6.

Do you have any error logs :?

Lt Buckland not appearing on the Anse Casse Bois beach at Guadeloupe in the 1st Quest ( My First Ship ) is not a common bug.

Have you tried going back to a save from before you sailed from Antigua. and seeing if that fixed it.

When you set sail to Guadeloupe - remember to talk to the Ships Helmsman. :yes

it appears that this piece of code in quests_reaction.c is not actioning

case "Sail_for_Guadeloupe3" --> is actioned from the helmsmans dialog -- so you must talk to him :yes

Code:
case "Sail_for_Guadeloupe2":
LAi_SetGuardianType(characterFromID("Helmsman"));
characters[GetCharacterIndex("Helmsman")].Dialog.Filename = "Helmsman_dialog.c";
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Helmsman")].dialog.CurrentNode = "First_sailing_orders";
LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Helmsman"), pchar, "", 10.0, 10.0);
break;

case "Sail_for_Guadeloupe3":
LAi_QuestDelay("Sail_for_Guadeloupe4", 3.0);
break;

case "Sail_for_Guadeloupe4":
QuestToSeaLogin_PrepareLoc("Antigua", "reload", "Sea_2_back", false);
QuestToSeaLogin_Launch();

LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Helmsman"));
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Helmsman")].dialog.CurrentNode = "First time";
RemoveOfficersIndex(pchar, GetCharacterIndex("Archie Kennedy"));
RemovePassenger(pchar, characterFromID("Archie Kennedy"));
SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 1, getCharacterIndex("Jack Simpson"));
LAi_SetOfficerType(characterFromID("Clayton"));

pchar.quest.To_Guadeloupe_shore_01.win_condition.l1 = "location";
pchar.quest.To_Guadeloupe_shore_01.win_condition.l1.location = "Guadeloupe_shore_01";
pchar.quest.To_Guadeloupe_shore_01.win_condition = "To_Guadeloupe_shore_01";
break;

case "To_Guadeloupe_shore_01":
if(AUTO_SKILL_SYSTEM)
{
AddPartyExpChar(pchar, "Leadership", 1500);
AddPartyExpChar(pchar, "Sneak", 50);
}
else {AddPartyExp(pchar, 1500);}
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Lt. Percy Buckland"), "Guadeloupe_shore_01", "goto", "citizen04");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Archie Kennedy"), "Guadeloupe_shore_01", "goto", "locator14");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Matthews"), "Guadeloupe_shore_01", "goto", "seaman1");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Styles"), "Guadeloupe_shore_01", "goto", "seaman2");
LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Archie Kennedy"));
LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Matthews"));
LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Styles"));

characters[GetCharacterIndex("Lt. Percy Buckland")].Dialog.Filename = "Lt. Percy Buckland_dialog.c";
LAi_SetCivilianGuardianType(characterFromID("Lt. Percy Buckland"));
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Lt. Percy Buckland")].dialog.CurrentNode = "why_were_you_late";
LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Lt. Percy Buckland"), pchar, "", 5.0, 5.0);
break;

:mm

One other thing I do know is that sometimes quest cases refuse to execute even when the code is 100% correct.
In that case, loading a savegame and trying again tends to work. This had me quite baffled when I was messing around with some coding on the First Contact quest. :facepalm

Back