• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Lucas Quest break - Assassin Storyline

salonikasurf

Freebooter
Storm Modder
The Lucas Quest breaks when meeting the pirates in the tavern on St Pierre.
Incorrect dialogue and location locked??

Attached game same just before entering. - Tried this a number of times sailing direct as well so it is not a time issue.

Also - Cannot continue with the Missing Children quest as the Bonaire Governor does not have a dialogue line for this quest. You can talk to the mothers outside but the Gov does not have any dialogue options for this quest.

These are with the latest 4. and Levis Zip 7-10.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Martinique.7z
    729 KB · Views: 106
  • -=Player=- Bonaire.7z
    739.4 KB · Views: 114
Probably Assassin has a custom version of the Bonaire governor dialog that for some reason doesn't have the sidequest stuff in it.

I haven't the foggiest what is up with Lucas at the moment.

The Lucas Quest breaks when meeting the pirates in the tavern on St Pierre.
Incorrect dialogue and location locked??
Can you start from a savegame before you enter the tavern, then go in, get the incorrect dialog, quit game and post "compile.log"? Also post "error.log" if there is one.

Also - Cannot continue with the Missing Children quest as the Bonaire Governor does not have a dialogue line for this quest. You can talk to the mothers outside but the Gov does not have any dialogue options for this quest.
Where during the main story are you at this point? If you've made friends with Bartolomeu o Portugues and then gone to Kralendijk to make peace with the Dutch, the governor will switch to his custom dialog and indeed does not have options for the missing children. In that case, finish your storyline business on Bonaire, then try again - the governor should switch back to his standard dialog and the options for the missing children should be available.

Update: I had a chance to try out those savegames. The reason for both problems is that "Assassin" has its own local versions of several dialog files for characters who belong to the general game, specifically "blaze_dialog.c" (the one which controls what you say when you talk to yourself) and "Reynard Grueneveldt_dialog.c" (the one for the governor of Kralendijk).

The problem with Lucas is "blaze_dialog.c". The storyline-specific version seems to be based on an obsolete version which looked at quest attributes to determine if it needed to produce dialog for a sidequest. The current general version uses specific cases to choose which sidequest dialog to display. I can't merge the storyline-specific stuff into the general version because "Assassin" has its own version of the "Hitman" sidequest, called "A Worm in the Apple" in this storyline. Instead, I've modified the local version to use the same sidequest cases as the general version, apart from the "Hitman" section.

I'd already dealt with the problem with the governor of Kralendijk. Again, it's impossible to merge the "Assassin" specific version with the general version. This time it's because the general version has code related to the "Bartolomeu" storyline which uses the same case names as the code for the storyline in the "Assassin" version. So I renamed the "Assassin" version to "Reynard Grueneveldt_quest_dialog.c", and added a few lines to the quest code so that the governor switches to using this version when needed for the story, otherwise he uses the general file. This is why I thought @salonikasurf had reached the point in the story where you go to Kralendijk to make peace, as that's when the governor has to use "Reynard Grueneveldt_quest_dialog.c". But the storyline-specific version of "Reynard Grueneveldt_dialog.c" is still in the game installer, so when you install the game, it's still in the "Assassin" dialog folder and therefore still blocks you from doing any side quest involving the governor.

@salonikasurf - and anyone else playing the "Assassin" storyline - delete the files "PROGRAM\Storyline\Assassin\dialogs\Reynard Grueneveldt_dialog.c" and "PROGRAM\Storyline\Assassin\dialogs\ENGLISH\Reynard Grueneveldt_dialog.h". Also, copy the attached file into "PROGRAM\Storyline\Asssassin\dialogs", overwriting the one already there.

@Pieter Boelen: remember how some storyline-specific dialog files need to be removed from the "Ardent" dialog folders? The same now applies to the "Assassin" version of "Reynard Grueneveldt_dialog.c" and "Reynard Grueneveldt_dialog.h".

Attachments

• blaze_dialog.c
    28.3 KB · Views: 175
@Pieter Boelen: remember how some storyline-specific dialog files need to be removed from the "Ardent" dialog folders? The same now applies to the "Assassin" version of "Reynard Grueneveldt_dialog.c" and "Reynard Grueneveldt_dialog.h".
Please write that down so I remember. Unfortunately I am still exceedingly busy with non-PotC stuff so have no clue when I'll get to doing things again.

Back